Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to rent an aptartment in a week?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am currently living in a shared house and looking to move out to an apartment in city centre area (hopefully Dublin 2).
    The problem is I agreed on moving out next Friday, the next tenant gave the landloard the deposit, and I haven't found my apartment yet.
    I have just realized that I need to meet agents. (I am also looking through Daft.)
    Is it possible to rent an apartment (small 1 single bedroom apt or studio, my budget is about 800-1000euro) in a week?
    I am a freelance translator and doing part time work as well. I have references from the landloard and the manager.
    I am afraid I can't find one until Friday..
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

it is indeed.....found a new place in 6 days only a week ago.....have all refs to hand and the deposit......take a day or 2 and view all you can.
    Best of luck.

Neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marple2

That's encouraging. I am on my holiday so I can view them full 1 or 2 days...
    Thanks, Neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

In the current market its unlikely but not impossible. You'll most definitely have to settle for anything you find and probably even have to bid on places.

cson wrote: »
    In the current market its unlikely but not impossible. You'll most definitely have to settle for anything you find and probably even have to bid on places.

This is far from what I found, I have moved twice in the last 4 weeks due to uncontrollable circumstances. Lots of multiple viewings and private viewings while there is not an excess of properties available, there is not a huge shortage.....this info is, I feel being spread by agencies to hike prices, as for bidding on rents, never heard of it for accomadation at this end of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 joe Lenihan

Where are you looking for accommodation ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

neckedit wrote: »
    This is far from what I found, I have moved twice in the last 4 weeks due to uncontrollable circumstances. Lots of multiple viewings and private viewings while there is not an excess of properties available, there is not a huge shortage.....this info is, I feel being spread by agencies to hike prices, as for bidding on rents, never heard of it for accomadation at this end of the market.

Are you in Dublin though?

And if so, whereabouts?

I wouldnt think it that easy to get an apt for 900 euro a month in Dublin 2 in a week.

good luck though OP!

liffeylite wrote: »
    Are you in Dublin though?

And if so, whereabouts?

I wouldnt think it that easy to get an apt for 900 euro a month in Dublin 2 in a week.

good luck though OP!

I am.....from d6 to d1 to d6 ....in less than 4 weeks.......As for the price.....depends what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marple2

Thank you all!
    I have got one today in Dublin 2 within my budget.
    It was not easy... I had to wait for 3 hours to be the first viewer and decided to take it immediately...
    Thank you for your opinions and encouragements again!

marple2 wrote: »
    Thank you all!
    I have got one today in Dublin 2 within my budget.
    It was not easy... I had to wait for 3 hours to be the first viewer and decided to take it immediately...
    Thank you for your opinions and encouragements again!

Nice one....best of luck with the new place.....Ill pm ya with my number for the House Warming.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Nice to hear it worked out for you OP- and thankyou for proving those of us who thought you hadn't a snowballs chance in hell of finding somewhere within a week, wrong.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement