Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS-25012 - Battery Unit Fault

Options
  • 05-10-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭

Have had this alarm 6 or 7 years and its not set very often. Yesterday afternoon there was a problem with the fuse box in the house, everything kept tripping each other. Normally when power is lost to the alarm it goes onto battery back up. However it was a long time before I noticed the problem and on the keypad screen it kept saying "low battery" and I was unable to use the keypad to reset or anything. I then had a play around with the fuses to try and see what the problem was and when it tripped it actually kept setting off the actual alarm (ie as if someone who breaks in does) and it couldn't be turned off or silenced. Got the fuse with alarm linked up and had a night or no electricity because any other fuse would set it all off.

Got electriction around today and as I had to be somewhere I told him if he had to cut all power to the house just open the alarm box and disconnect the battery to silence the alarm.

Now the keypad says Battery Unit Fault and can't be reset so the keypad has the flashing orange light to the side of it.

Anyone know what to do as the company who installed it is either not in operation anymore or not on call at the weekend. It could probably do with a new battery anyways. Can they be got anywhere?

Thanks for any help, just don't want a power cut again and not be able to silence the alarm, this is the first time every during a power problem that the actually alarm has sounded, usually it just shows mains fault and easily reset once power restored.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You don't need the original installers.Any licensed company can replace this & repair the system for you.
    Not sure what else would need to be done , without seeing what your electrician has done.
    For future reference... You can not employ an electrician to do any work with your alarm unless he is PSA licensed. By doing so you are both breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

KoolKid wrote: »
    You don't need the original installers.Any licensed company can replace this & repair the system for you.
    Not sure what else would need to be done , without seeing what your electrician has done.
    For future reference... You can not employ an electrician to do any work with your alarm unless he is PSA licensed. By doing so you are both breaking the law.

He has done nothing to mess up the system, over night the system just said low battery and now battery fault, I have since asked him and he didn't need to touch it in the end. I expect its probably just a replacement battery required as its at least 8 years old.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its just a battery then you could possibly do it yourself.
    This is the one you need
    12v-7amp-powercell-gel-battery-378-p.jpg

Its 12 volt DC 7amp rechargeable.
    Its a straight swap out observing the polarity.

Advertisement