Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on whether or not to stick doing the leaving cert living on my own

• 05-10-2013 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am currently living on my own in Dublin. Repeating the Leaving Cert. I am in school from 8.45 in the morning to 7.15 in the evening. I lived on my own last year, doing a PLC, though I found it easier to manage living independently as the course was not nearly as time demanding. Also I stayed in diggs so I got evening meals.

This year however it's a lot more difficult to get organized as I had to choose cheaper accommodation to ensure I could afford to stay in Dublin for the year, and food and washing up is difficult to manage with 7 subjects along with work and grinds on the weekends. I feel like I should stick to it, stop complaining and "man up" as they say.

Though I sometimes wonder is it ultimately more sensible to move back home and do grinds there instead or maybe should I just wait a bit longer to see if I can adapt more efficiently to this routine? This was the reason why I choose to live in Dublin again this year by the way. To force myself to get more disciplined. But is it really worth it if I may end up sacrificing points.

Any advice, is much appreciated.

Advertisement