Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accidentally deleted my iTunes library!

• 05-10-2013 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

I googled this problem for hours but to no avail.

I accidentally deleted everything in my iTunes library. I haven't been able to update my iPhone in several months as a result (new music etc.) I am now terrified that if I connect my iPhone to my laptop that I will lose everything that's on my iPhone. What I want to be able to do is to transfer everything that's on my iPhone onto my iTunes.

Having googled this problem over and over, it was suggested that I download iExplorer however, this did not work.

Anyone have any experience of this or know what I can/should do?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Try this here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=359322

A user had the same problem and after trying a program called TestDisk it seemed to recover like 17GB of music.

Read the first ten posts or so and you'll see what I'm talking about. It may work with any luck, give it a try if you can't find any better solutions.

Hope it helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Can you not do a system restore on your computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Herrick wrote: »
    A user had the same problem and after trying a program called TestDisk it seemed to recover like 17GB of music.

I tried downloading this and instead of the box with 'run' popping up, an actual folder with all the different components of the download popped up, none of which gave me an option to 'run'.
    mad muffin wrote: »
    Can you not do a system restore on your computer?

Also tried this, and it would only allow me to restore from August. I deleted the library back around April/May. When I deleted the library I also deleted the trash can.

Is it possible to transfer everything that's on the iPhone into the library?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I tried downloading this and instead of the box with 'run' popping up, an actual folder with all the different components of the download popped up, none of which gave me an option to 'run'.

Look in the folder and see if there's a file called setup and double click it and see what happens?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

The first item on a google search using this phrase "how do i restore iTunes Library from iPhone" in the search box brings this item from the Apple Help forums.

I think it cover all bases for you. If you are unclear about anything, post back here. The key is to prevent auto-synch .

HTH

• Advertisement
Advertisement