Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One night trips.

Options
  • 05-10-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, what are peoples favorite places to go for one night over the weekend for walking and/or sightseeing?

We love Hook Head in Wexford.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Is it easy to get overnight parking in Hook Head?

We love Howth, Cobh, SW Donegal....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

No problem at all, lots of places to park on your own or as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Glenmalure Lodge in Wicklow after a walk in Glendalough.
    Back of 4 Seasons Hotel in Carlingford.
    Cobh is a fantastic spot - would be using it regularly if I lived closer.

Good idea for a thread - we're always looking for spots within about an hour/90 minutes from Dublin that aren't campsites and are acceptable for campers - and don't involve wild camping on your own in the middle of nowhere.

Sally Gap, Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭holyhutzpa

We also stayed beside Glenmalure Lodge - they were really friendly, we had some drinks there on the evening, and had coffee there in the morning - we hadn't intended to but we ended up having dinner there after our walk too. Although the sound of the stream/torrential river might make you want to go to the bathroom all night!
    Went to Tramore as an overnight last weekend - stayed beside the sea, got some surf on Saturday and Sunday... wonderful. The Vic is a nice spot for a few jars

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Carpark of The Rusty (Mackeral) pub, Teelin, Co.Donegal- great for exiting Slieve League, Bunglas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Some lovely places along the Shannon.

Lough Key national park, Leitrim Village or Dromod at the top end.
    Shannonbridge and Banagher lower down, with many others in between.

And with not much river traffic at this time of year it's very peaceful.

And some very friendly bars (just in case you happen to like the odd drink or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Beach Bar Aughris head, in the summer it's a tenner a night of he collects it, in the winter I park on the harbour but my can is small so I can turn around to drive out. Great food and pints in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Beach Bar Aughris head, in the summer it's a tenner a night of he collects it, in the winter I park on the harbour but my can is small so I can turn around to drive out. Great food and pints in the pub.

Its terrible noone should go there *ahem* *cough* keep it to yourself spaceHopper :D

He's charging 15 now I think but if you have a sni card its 10

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Hi,When you say Lough Key National Park.Is that different from Lough Key Caravan Park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I will keep my little spots on the east-coast close to my chest,when i get down west i try to use this spot https://foursquare.com/v/teddy-osullivans-teddys/4c768b8c66be6dcbc463c30f bit out of the way but nice food and a pint

Advertisement