Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Splitter

Options
  • 05-10-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wall mounted a second television in the family room and ran HDMI via CAT5 from a Sky HD box in order to get a HD signal to it. I got the necessary equipment from Tvtrade.ie. They supplied me with a HDMI splitter to split the feed from the SKY box into the main television (in the same room as the Sky box) and to the second TV via the CAT5 - it's about 30m away in cable length. There's obviously a HDMI adapter at either end of the CAT5.

However, the splitter isn't working correctly. If I hit the reset button and remove and reinsert cables, I can eventually get one or other to work and even both together. However, it won't auto switch.

I contacted Tvtrade.ie and they reckon that the problem is that the splitter is not recognising the CAT5 HDMI feed thus not turning on the feed to it automatically. They have obviously offered to refund for the splitter. However, it does beg the question why they supplied it to me in the first place when I purchased everything required for the job from them including the CAT5 cable.

Is there any way I can get this to work? Is there a different auto splitter box that will work? Does a manual remote version exist?

BTW, I dropped into Maplins today looking for a manual one. Explained what I wanted, but when I got home, I realised it was a multiple HDMI device feed into one TV. Partly my fault as I should have checked it before I left the shop.

Thanks in advance,

Advertisement