Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did You Vote?

Options
  • 05-10-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭

So even though I've been registered to vote since 2010, yesterday was the first time I voted, and it got me curious as to how many C&Hers voted, and was it your first time voting or have you voted previously?

For me, yesterday was the first time I actually cared enough to vote. It helped that we were actually passing the polling station on the way home from Limerick so it was just a matter of pulling in for five minutes.

Didn't vote in the last GE because there was no candidate in our Constituency who deserved a vote, Presidential election was on a Thursday so wasn't possible to get back home for that and the Children's referendum was a foregone conclusion so I skipped that one too (yes, yes, I know, boo hiss etc)

Did you vote in the Referenda yesterday (4th Oct 2013)? 15 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I voted, my second time to do so. Thrilled the Seanad is staying, we need the checks and balances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Nope. Not registered to vote

• Registered Users Posts: 19 QwertyCookie

No I hadn't registered to vote yet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Had to get a 7.20 train to Dublin for college that morning, and then later on I'd be staying over in Limerick, so I decided to race down to the polling station in the primary school at 7 on the dot to cast my first ever vote. The school had gotten absolutely no voting paraphernalia, not even the banner for outside, so I had to leave it or I'd miss my train. Found out later that the stuff arrived at ten past seven :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I did because I am a responsible citizen who has opinions on matters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement