Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new netflix issue, any help?

• 05-10-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    we used netflix through the ipad onto our tv via an apple cable up to now.
    since ios7, and a netflix update, we can't!
    something about airplay mirroring??

any help with how to sort this would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ne1880

Yes, please help we are the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭DriversEd

5o yo yos for the cable was enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Seems to be a 'thing'

There's a discussion going on about this over at imore.com.

"reigntheday says: Oct 4, 2013 at 3:29 pm - 1 day ago
    Just contacted Netflix and it's a problem with their 5.0 update. I was told they're frantically trying to fix it now. It's effecting iPhones,iPads etc."

http://www.imore.com/netflix-update-goes-hd-ios-7-adds-airplay-streaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

if it works..I could never get netflix to work on my ATV3...gave up in the end. Known issue with netflix blaming Apple and vica versa

• Advertisement

DriversEd wrote: »
    5o yo yos for the cable was enough!
    You were robbed! only a little more for Apple TV and its a very useful thing to have.

Blazer wrote: »
    if it works..I could never get netflix to work on my ATV3...gave up in the end. Known issue with netflix blaming Apple and vica versa
    I've updated the Apple TV to the latest and no bother with it. Mine is ATV3 too, much as i'd have liked the ATV2 no HD on that one though. If your having bother with Netflix call them, their customer service is A1. Had a bother logging into it on PS3 and was fixed in a minute. Saved me the usual 10 minute google search etc.

why is apple tv so useful then?

A number of things. Instead of a cable from iPad to TV in particular which is what this thread is about.

a tidy cable is not a problem.
    what benefits are there to apple tv?

ps, thanks for the answers above, to yourself and everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

You can jailbreak the ATV2

a tidy cable is not a problem.
    what benefits are there to apple tv?

ps, thanks for the answers above, to yourself and everyone else!

No worries. For your scenario looking to watch Netflix biggest plus is its got a remote and is therefore much easier/nice to use whilst watching TV

After that then Its got all the music you've bought on iTunes, your photos from iCloud, Sky News App, YouTube, rent films, buy music. It is a pure niche product (so say Apple themselves) but its good. If you had Apple Tv2 you can hack then to run other stuff but you cant get those any longer. The Apple TV3 standard set up is quite useful for a modest spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

An updated version of Netflix has been pushed to the App Store. Might be worth downloading it and testing the lead again.

Advertisement