Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment protection on credit cards.

Options
  • 05-10-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I was just wondering do you need to have payment protection on credit cards??? And if no - how could go about cancelling it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi socratesden,

Thanks for your post.

Payment Protection on a credit card is optional.
    To cancel your Payment Protection, please send a signed letter to:

Bank of Ireland PPI Dept, Ground Floor, New Century House, Lower Mayor St, Dublin 1

Should you need to speak with a representative form the Credit Card Department, you can reach them on 0818 251 251 / 00 353 567757747

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Thanks Billy.

Was reading the newspaper last week about payment protection and there was inaccuate deductions from people who never signed up for it. I cant remember if i ever signed up for it. How could i check?? 

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi socratesden,

At the request of the Central Bank of Ireland (the Central Bank), Bank of Ireland, as part of an industry wide review, has commenced a review of Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) policies sold from 1st August 2007 to date. The review will be overseen by an independent third party acceptable to the Central Bank. 

If you call Credit Card Services, they will be happy to offer assistance with any questions you have.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 10 socratesden

Thanks again

Advertisement