Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in Galway?

Options
  • 06-10-2013 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey all, I'm going to galway this weekend friday until sunday. Can anyone recommend the good bars and nightclubs to go to?? Age group is 19-23 :D thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just head to Shop street, all the places you're looking for is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

There's Many Pubs between shop street and Spanish arch, you'll be spoiled for choice.

The kings head is nice, usually a good atmosphere but very busy too :P

Couldn't recommend any clubs though as I've never been to any

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Quay Street, Shop Street and Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

For youngish crowd:
    Roisin Dubh
    Front Door
    The Quays

Personally not fan of Kings Head

Not fan of clubs but i find Karma most bareable out of them
    Carbon is young and cheap but a dive

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

If you're looking for a bit of loving, then Front Door is a safe bet.

If you're looking for indie rock bar, Roisin Dubh is the place to go.

If you're looking for girlie cocktails, go straight to The House.

If you want loud chart music, Busker Browne's is the place.

If you want to see middle aged people pretending they are still 26, check out The Quays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 lisa_j

Thanks everyone. Probably head to one of the good bars first at about 9pm until 12, then maybe head to a club after. Somewhere with an age group 19-25 would be preferable. Also how much money would i need to bring? Im travelling from donegal, is galway a very expensive place?lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

lisa_j wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Probably head to one of the good bars first at about 9pm until 12, then maybe head to a club after. Somewhere with an age group 19-25 would be preferable. Also how much money would i need to bring? Im travelling from donegal, is galway a very expensive place?lol

Yeah it is, you'll pay well for your pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

If you're drinking in a pub for 3 hours and going clubbing afterwards- I can't see your wallet thanking you too much :o

Bring plenty anyway, it is expensive especially at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lisa_j

Gerry91 wrote: »
    If you're drinking in a pub for 3 hours and going clubbing afterwards- I can't see your wallet thanking you too much :o

Bring plenty anyway, it is expensive especially at weekends

Ok thanks everyone for the help :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some unhelpful posts removed. Helpfulness is better than wittiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Very useful post from a while back :P
    What age are you and what is the purpose of your visit?

A. If you are under 20, stick to vicinity of Eyre Square for a pints of Fat Frog, followed by a Snackbox and a ringside view of teenagers wearing t-shirts in sub zero temperatures getting arrested for hammering the crap out of each other with broken Busckfast bottles.

B, If you are under 35 and looking for a bit of loving and/or a kebab, stay anywhere within a 100 meter radius of Quay Street. You will unavoidably end up in either The Front Door or The Quays, depending on which side of 40 you are. Hen Party and Stag Party heaven.

C. If you are hippyish, gay, scruffy, laid back, in the Green Party or in need of a lap dance, Dominick Street and its environs are for you.

D. If you are over 50 and miserable, just camp in Woodquay area.

E. Salthill. Handy if you are with a someone you don't want to be seen with in public.

I stick with the Dew Drop which is somewhere in between B and C above.

Advertisement