Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site slow / timeouts

Options
  • 06-10-2013 1:27am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I seem to be getting a lot of timeouts and / or slow page loads at the mo. Hope the hamsters are OK. Not my end, the rest of the internet seems fine.

Chrome 30 / beta skin / ABP active.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Steve wrote: »
    Hi folks, I seem to be getting a lot of timeouts and / or slow page loads at the mo. Hope the hamsters are OK. Not my end, the rest of the internet seems fine.

Chrome 30 / beta skin / ABP active.

Sorry only getting back to you now.

No spikes in load or anything suspect in the logs for that particular time on the 6th, was it site wide?

I'll take a look see if we've anything scheduled for that particular time in the meantime, thanks for the report.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry only getting back to you now.

No spikes in load or anything suspect in the logs for that particular time on the 6th, was it site wide?

I'll take a look see if we've anything scheduled for that particular time in the meantime, thanks for the report.

It wasn't confined to a single forum if that's what you mean by site-wide.

I was getting >20s page loads afair and a few posts submits lost to timeouts.

I know you lads have plenty on your plate so it took more than a bit of consternation before I reported it. :)

Not happening recently, I'll let you know if it happens again and try to find the offending item in devtools.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement