Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor - Where did it go wrong?

Options
  • 06-10-2013 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

With all the talk of Sinead O'Connor recently, it got me watching some clips of her in her prime. Such a talent and such a shame she never achieved her full potential. Seems crazy that a talentless hack like Madonna achieved more fame, success and a longer career than Sinead.

If she had not ripped up the picture of the Pope on SNL would things have been different? Was this the turning point in her career, like did it actually result in her being unable to sell gigs and records? I understand she was booed at a lot of her appearances in America following the incident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Kung Lao wrote: »
    If she had not ripped up the picture of the Pope on SNL would things have been different?

I honestly think this did indeed destroy her career. But if it hadn't been that, I'm fairly sure it would have been something else! She is extremely talented, but has a knack for getting herself into messes.

On the plus side, Gaybo certainly loved her!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭The Swordsman

Saying that she would not perform at a gig in the US if the (US) national anthem was played beforehand was not very helpful to her career. I remember that caused a lot of controversy at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

bald chap ripped up the pope

• Registered Users Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

IT all went wrong when she started pontificating to us all, instead of concentrating on singing.

It happens to more than just her, other musicians have done it too, eg Sting. Just stick to what you are good at, forget about telling us how to live our lives.

Advertisement