Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb to Vodafone

• 06-10-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Need some advice here please:

I am currently on a digiweb 8mb connection getting 5.2mb out of it.
    I am willing to switch to vodafone once fibre becomes available in my area (next month).
    I called vodafone and the rep advised me that it's better to move to vodafone now (ADSL2) because it will take about 3 weeks to move the services from Digiweb and then get a free upgrade to fibre; I've been promised a 12mb connection.

So shall I do that or just wait for fibre to be available?
    Can any Cork users advise about the broadband quality of vodafone (ADSL2)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tarakino

Any advice??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Personally I don't trust sales people. I'll be upgrading directly from Smart (digiweb) to Vodafone, even if it takes extra few days to do so at worst, don't want any trouble with extra charges that will occur from both companies. IMO they are pushing people to switch to their normal broadband with "free" and "instant" (this is a lie) update later simply because they want you to start paying for their services prematurely. And switching from different ISP is free, anyway (modem is 30EUR on 12mnth contract).
    The switching process would take 2 weeks approx either way.
    Think about it, you are only interested in fibre, not their crappy ADSL, yet you are here and considering actually paying for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

You can have VDSL from Digiweb as well (and also nice Fritzbox router)

Advertisement