Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League revamp your opinions please..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

mcw100 wrote: »

It just wont happen.All this talk about legal action is a complete waste of time.It will cost wexford an arm an a leg,and they would still loose.And even if they won,they would actually lost ,as they would be got in the longrass by the gaa ,when they would want something down the line.

The only way was if every team stuck together.Once that didnt happen,and they became one single voice,it is easy to break their resolve and win.

Its a done deal.People now realise the influence cork gaa has outside the county,they now know the struggles we face within,that unless the Board are in favour of things in cork,things wont happen.

The refusal by the gaa to meet,is the usal shut up shop approach.

For wexford to go it alone they would need a very brave secrearty to take on the Gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

Wallflower wrote: »
    Does anybody know who actually votes on this?

The make-up, the numbers etc.........

Frank Murphy is the only person who gets to vote on this, and he cast his vote immediately after Cork were relegated in April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

If Wexford threatened to pull out their team they'd need at least Offaly to do the same, and preferably Laois and Antrim. The problem is these counties might see it as an opportunity, if only Wexford pulled out, Offaly are nearly guaranteed promotion, if both did Laois and Antrim would fancy their chances.

Shout Dust wrote: »
    If Wexford threatened to pull out their team they'd need at least Offaly to do the same, and preferably Laois and Antrim. The problem is these counties might see it as an opportunity, if only Wexford pulled out, Offaly are nearly guaranteed promotion, if both did Laois and Antrim would fancy their chances.

How do you come to that conclusion ? Cork are the ones who will be guaranteed promotion and they will be brining Limerick with them.

sasol wrote: »
    How do you come to that conclusion ? Cork are the ones who will be guaranteed promotion and they will be brining Limerick with them.

I mean if Wexford threaten to pull out next season, with Cork and Limerick already given a free pass. If 4 teams threatened not to play the 6 team division next season it'd have far more weight

I mean if Wexford threaten to pull out next season, with Cork and Limerick already given a free pass. If 4 teams threatened not to play the 6 team division next season it'd have far more weight

I misunderstood your original post.

Thats a fair point.

If a change is required (I don't think it is, after one of the most competitive leagues in many years) I think they should let 1A and 1B proceed as originally planned for 2014 and then let the top two from 1B move up to 1A for 2015. At least those teams will have got there on merit then - if they are Limerick and Cork - then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I'd hate to think that Wexford (and presumably Offaly) would be left on their own in refusing to play in the league, hopefully other counties would support them and that way Cork have no choice but to back off.

Well, if Cork don't back off before the meeting on Sunday I also would like to think the other Counties would vote this nonsense down. At least.Wexford have forewarned all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭randd1

bruschi wrote: »
    in Wexfords case, less than €5,000. In Kilkennys case, €120,000. That, is a massive, massive gulf in funds, and this new proposal keeps the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

That's shocking. Considering the ticket for a paying customer is €13, that means that Wexford had (I think they had two home games last year) just under about 200 paying customers per home game.

If that's the case the gulf in funds in very much down to a shockingly poor turnout of the Wexford support and not the division they're in, especially considering one of the home games was Dublin which should have brought at the very least 1000 paying fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Typical Cork shenanigans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

Jaysus that's an awful mickey mouse proposal altogether.

As I understand it you'd have two groups as follows

Tipp
    Wat
    Clare
    Dub
    Offaly
    Laois

KK
    Gal
    Cork
    Limerick
    Wex
    Antrim

So say Kilkenny and Galway would play every team in their group and the top two in the other - Tipp and Waterford, Cork & Limerick would play Clare and Dublin from the other group and Wexford and Antrim would play Offaly and Laois.

Bit convoluted, can see some merit in it though in terms of getting decent games for each team. But, it takes away the competitiveness we had this year, which I don't think is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Jaysus that's an awful mickey mouse proposal altogether.

Seeded based on the previous years league standings and drawn in to 2 groups.
    So for 2014 you'd have Kilkenny, Tipp, Galway and Waterford in pot A.

Clare, Cork, Dublin and Limerick in Pot B. And Wexford, Offaly, Antrim and Laois in Pot C.
    Each team plays the other teams in it's group once and also the teams in the other group that came from the same Pot.
    Group winners contest a final, Losers contesting a playoff.

Gives teams enough competitive games to prepare for Championship and enough games against weaker opposition to try out new players/tactics.

Seems sensible enough to me. But what happens if Cork get relegated from this format too?

As I understand it you'd have two groups as follows

Tipp
    Wat
    Clare
    Dub
    Offaly
    Laois

KK
    Gal
    Cork
    Limerick
    Wex
    Antrim

So say Kilkenny and Galway would play every team in their group and the top two in the other - Tipp and Waterford, Cork & Limerick would play Clare and Dublin from the other group and Wexford and Antrim would play Offaly and Laois.

Bit convoluted, can see some merit in it though in terms of getting decent games for each team. But, it takes away the competitiveness we had this year, which I don't think is worth it.

I disagree, as relegation could be disastrous for any of the strong counties.
    A couple of dodgy results and you're facing the prospect of winning a relegation playoff or ending up in the doldrums of a lower division.

A couple of dodgy results and you're facing the prospect of winning a relegation playoff or ending up in the doldrums of a lower division.

Chances are you'd only be playing Antrim or Laois, so in effect you've got 2 chances. Either finish above them in the league, or beat one of them in a playoff, unlikely that the big counties would lose to either, Wexford and Offaly would be in the biggest danger, but the extra games against tier C sides would give them something of a cushion.

• Advertisement

That proposal based on this years final league positions means:
    Pot 1; KIL, GAL, WAT, TIP
    Pot 2; CLA, DUB, COR, LIM
    Pot 3; WEX, OFF, ANT, LAO

So a hypothetical draw throws up

Group A; KIL, WAT, DUB, LIM, WEX, ANT.
    Group B; GAL, TIP, CLA, COR, OFF, LAO.

Let's compare the fixtures of two Group A teams; Waterford and Wexford

Waterford play; Wexford, Kilkenny, Dublin, Limerick, Antrim, Galway and Tipperary.

Wexford play; Waterford, Kilkenny, Dublin, Limerick, Antrim, Offaly and Laois.

So Waterford and Wexford fight it out in group A but Waterford's reward for performing better than Wexford in 2013 is a much more difficult fixture list.

It's unfair, you can't give one team an easier or harder fixture list than other teams competing in the same group.

Waterford play; Wexford, Kilkenny, Dublin, Limerick, Antrim, Galway and Tipperary.

So Waterford and Wexford fight it out in group A but Waterford's reward for performing better than Wexford in 2013 is a much more difficult fixture list.

It's unfair, you can't give one team an easier or harder fixture list than other teams competing in the same group.

But Waterford don't have to play Waterford :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Seeded based on the previous years league standings and drawn in to 2 groups.
    So for 2014 you'd have Kilkenny, Tipp, Galway and Waterford in pot A.

Clare, Cork, Dublin and Limerick in Pot B. And Wexford, Offaly, Antrim and Laois in Pot C.
    Each team plays the other teams in it's group once and also the teams in the other group that came from the same Pot.
    Group winners contest a final, Losers contesting a playoff.

Gives teams enough competitive games to prepare for Championship and enough games against weaker opposition to try out new players/tactics.

Seems sensible enough to me. But what happens if Cork get relegated from this format too?

The league will expand to two groups of 8. Each team playing 7 games in their groups, with top 2 from each group into semi-finals!

If that's what the proposal is, it's another farce. If they want to go down the road of teams playing two teams from the other group of 6, there needs to be fairness about how it's implemented.

If you have these 3 pots:

And then...
    Group A; KIL, WAT, <|> DUB, LIM, <|> WEX, ANT.
    Group B; GAL, TIP, <|> CLA, COR, <|> OFF, LAO.

Waterford should play Clare or Cork and Offaly or Laois from the other group.
    Wexford should play Galway or Tipperary and Offaly or Laois from the other group.

More in depth explanation of new proposal here; http://www.hoganstand.com/Hurling/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=202654

Long story short, it's exactly as I explained in my previous post.

Edit; I love this part;
    (This gives a slight advantage to 'C' teams but that would be a positive)
    What nonsense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As we've seen, relegation is never a worry for the strong counties. I think that's been ably demonstrated at this stage.

As we've seen, relegation is never a worry for the strong counties. I think that's been ably demonstrated at this stage.

We're only having this discussion because Limerick and Cork don't want to play in 1B with Wexford, Offaly, Laois etc.
    You want us to believe they won't chase another restructuring if they end up having to play with Carlow, Kerry, Westmeath etc.?

I think your sarcasm detector is a bit off :D

I don't have a sarcasm detector :confused:

It's all about money at the end of the day. The proposed 8 team 1A would've guaranteed more money but 1B teams would have missed out which is their main gripe. The league should go back to being basic divisions of 8 with 2 up and 2 down between divisions.

We're only having this discussion because Limerick and Cork don't want to play in 1B with Wexford, Offaly, Laois etc.
    You want us to believe they won't chase another restructuring if they end up having to play with Carlow, Kerry, Westmeath etc.?

Not exactly sure what you've said that is in disagreement with what I said, but you sound like you want an argument...

Not exactly sure what you've said that is in disagreement with what I said, but you sound like you want an argument...

If relegation is not a bother to them then why aren't they taking their medicine now?

If relegation is not a bother to them then why aren't they taking their medicine now?

He's not saying they are willing to accept playing against lower opposition, he's saying that they're not worried about it happening full stop as were they relegated again, they know they would most likely force another format change designed to keep them in a newly expanded top division (much like they're trying to do at present).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

What cork wants, cork usually gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have a 12 team division 1

Grp A

1 Kilkenny
    2 Tipperary
    3 Galway
    4 Waterford
    5 Dublin
    6 CLare

Grp B

1 Cork
    2 Limerick
    3 Westmeath
    4 Wexford
    5 Offaly
    6 Antrim

each team plays each other once.

Top team in each group goes through to the semi final

Quater Finals- 2nd Grp A vs 3rd Grp B, 3rd Grp A vs 2nd Grp B

Relagation 5th Grp A vs 6th Grp B, 6th Grp A vs 5th Grp B, Losers playoff and losing team is relagated to Division 2 for 2015.

Division 2 winner 2014 is promoted to Division 1 for 2015

PTH2009 wrote: »
    have a 12 team division 1

Grp A

1 Kilkenny
    2 Tipperary
    3 Galway
    4 Waterford
    5 Dublin
    6 CLare

Grp B

1 Cork
    2 Limerick
    3 Westmeath
    4 Wexford
    5 Offaly
    6 Antrim

each team plays each other once.

Top team in each group goes through to the semi final

Quater Finals- 2nd Grp A vs 3rd Grp B, 3rd Grp A vs 2nd Grp B

Relagation 5th Grp A vs 6th Grp B, 6th Grp A vs 5th Grp B, Losers playoff and losing team is relagated to Division 2 for 2015.

Division 2 winner 2014 is promoted to Division 1 for 2015

They're looking to provide teams with 7 league games in division 1. You're system doesn't achieve that. I think they should go with the 2 groups of 6 teams for one year. Top 4 from each group into quarter-finals. Bottom 2 from each group into relegation play-off where one team plays off against the third placed team from 2A. For 2015, the 8 quarter-finalists should enter 1A of 8 teams. 3 teams who survived the relegation play-offs, the top 2 from 2A and the winner of the play-off between the division play-off 1 loser v 3rd 2A should be the 6 teams in 1B for 2015.

• Advertisement

If ever a question answered itself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

Seems the two groups of 6 will come into play if that's to be believed. If that's the direction they want to go fair enough but what about guaranteeing division 2A counties more games? At the very least the 2A runner-up should be given a play-off against the team who wins the division 1 relegation final.

Seems the two groups of 6 will come into play if that's to be believed. If that's the direction they want to go fair enough but what about guaranteeing division 2A counties more games? At the very least the 2A runner-up should be given a play-off against the team who wins the division 1 relegation final.

You are indeed spot on, but it has been clear for years now that the GAA don't give a damn about counties outside the top ten.

A shame really, Carlow and Westmeath have made good progress in the last decade, at times it seems as if the GAA wish that anyone outside the top 12 would just go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Hasn't 2 groups of 6 been tried before (just like any format possible has already been tried) ?

It didn't work as well as the 2013 format seemed to

Hasn't 2 groups of 6 been tried before (just like any format possible has already been tried) ?

It didn't work as well as the 2013 format seemed to

It worked fairly well I felt, it was brought in in 1997, it was expanded to two groups of seven for a few years, but that resulted in the bottom two teams taking a few hammerings, so it was restored to 2x6 for 1999 or 2000.

It generally always followed a format whereby the two first placed teams automatically qualified for the semis, while 2nd played 3rd from the other group in the two quarter finals.

From 2004 to 2006, it was changed again, kept the 2x6 structure, after the 5 group games were played, two new groups of 6 were formed, the top three in both groups and the bottom three in both groups. So a team who finished in group A would play three more games against the top three in group B and vice versa, after these three rounds the top two contested the final.

Similarly for the relegation group, three more rounds, bottom two contested the final. It guaranteed 8 league games for each team.

It was scrapped for 2007, with a return to the top 3 qualifying for quarter and semi finals..

A new format was agreed for 2008, where a division 1 containing 9 teams was agreed based on 2007 positions, with an 8 team division 2.

However, Dublin upset the status quo by finishing ahead of Offaly in their group, thus ensuring that Offaly would play in the new division 2, and not Dublin as the GAA had originally planned/hoped.

What was the format like in the 80s and 90s?

What was the format like in the 80s and 90s?

From 1993 to 1997, it was 4 divisions of 8.

Before that, I can't be precise on the exact years but it was pretty much exactly like now it changed every 2-4 seasons, swapping between 4 divisions of 8 and two groups of 12 teams in divisions 1 and 2.

Was looking for info on historical tables, came across results for Waterford for every year since 1925. In 85/86, they were in division 3, hurling against the likes of Armagh, Louth and Derry, and lost a match to Mayo :eek:

They were in division 1 two years previously and got relegated twice, and subsequently went back up 2 division in the next two years after as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

It worked fairly well I felt, it was brought in in 1997, it was expanded to two groups of seven for a few years, but that resulted in the bottom two teams taking a few hammerings, so it was restored to 2x6 for 1999 or 2000.

It generally always followed a format whereby the two first placed teams automatically qualified for the semis, while 2nd played 3rd from the other group in the two quarter finals.

From 2004 to 2006, it was changed again, kept the 2x6 structure, after the 5 group games were played, two new groups of 6 were formed, the top three in both groups and the bottom three in both groups. So a team who finished in group A would play three more games against the top three in group B and vice versa, after these three rounds the top two contested the final.

Similarly for the relegation group, three more rounds, bottom two contested the final. It guaranteed 8 league games for each team.

It was scrapped for 2007, with a return to the top 3 qualifying for quarter and semi finals..

A new format was agreed for 2008, where a division 1 containing 9 teams was agreed based on 2007 positions, with an 8 team division 2.

However, Dublin upset the status quo by finishing ahead of Wexford in their group, thus ensuring that Wexford would play in the new division 2, and not Dublin as the GAA had originally planned/hoped.

It's worth noting, that Wexford kicked up a major fuss at the time, and they were the driving force behind getting the introduction of the new format scrapped for another year. Ironic that Wexford are getting so much sympathy now considering that they did exactly the same thing in 2007 that Cork are doing now.

Em just to clarify a few things here in regards to why Wexford were kicking up a fuss at the time and there was two reasons.

1. Waterford and Cork finished on the same amount of points that year and it was deemed that a play off would be played to separate the teams as they finished on level points but Cork had an inferior scoring difference. However Dublin and Wexford also finished on level points at the bottom but scoring difference was used to separate Dublin and Wexford. The question was why a play off in one case and not the other.

2. This was also the year of the Cork strike with confusion as to whether a team who didnt fulfill fixtures should be relegated, in this case Cork. Also teams who were drawn against Cork in the first round automatically got 2 points from a walkover, the argument from Wexford was that was unfair on teams who had to play Cork, punished by the fixture schedule as much as anything.

That was the first time we got relegated only to gain our place back at the top level, win our last league game against Tipperary to preserve our top flight status and have the GAA relegate us anyway 2 years ago with the stroke of a pen.

the kelt wrote: »
    Em just to clarify a few things here in regards to why Wexford were kicking up a fuss at the time and there was two reasons.

1. Waterford and Cork finished on the same amount of points that year and it was deemed that a play off would be played to separate the teams as they finished on level points but Cork had an inferior scoring difference. However Dublin and Wexford also finished on level points at the bottom but scoring difference was used to separate Dublin and Wexford. The question was why a play off in one case and not the other.

2. This was also the year of the Cork strike with confusion as to whether a team who didnt fulfill fixtures should be relegated, in this case Cork. Also teams who were drawn against Cork in the first round automatically got 2 points from a walkover, the argument from Wexford was that was unfair on teams who had to play Cork, punished by the fixture schedule as much as anything.

That was the first time we got relegated only to gain our place back at the top level, win our last league game against Tipperary to preserve our top flight status and have the GAA relegate us anyway 2 years ago with the stroke of a pen.
    You're confusing the 2007 and 2008 leagues.

Everything in my post is relevant to the 2007 league, what you've said above is relevant to after the 2008 league.

The 2008 league was originally intended to be a 9 team division 1, but the restructuring was postponed for a year after Dublin upset the GAA's wish for a for the following 9 teams to be the 9 division 1 teams in 2008; Kilkenny, Cork, Waterford, Tipperary, Limerick, Clare, Offaly, Galway, Wexford.

Offaly were the ones to miss out, and they were driving force behind postponing the format change for 2008.

EDIT; Of course, I too am getting mixed up, my years are right but mt teams are wrong, it was Offaly, not Wexford. My apologies to any Wexonians! (Or is it Wexicans?)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Wallflower

Whatever proposals come in - fair enough if the majority vote.

However and this is where the whole point is being missed. Whatever proposals are adopted should be for 2015.

2014 should be played as per the format agreed for 2013, otherwise it's still a disgrace, Cork County Board get what the want - Cork not being relegated as they were on the field.

They will of course come along and say they want what is right for hurling blah, blah, blah - while everyone has forgotten what has just taken place - Cork not playing in the division they didn't want to play in with to begin with.

I'm pretty sure the 8 team 1A and 6 team 1B proposal has been scrapped now for what it's worth.

The new proposal made a few days ago is daft in my opinion, but I have a feeling it will gather the required support, I hope not though, they should retain the current format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

2 groups of 6. That's all well and good but how does it benefit Cork exactly??

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

So somebody comes up with a proposal - Wexford force them them to abandon it - this "somebody" is still not happy (or sufficiently embarrassed) and hatches another proposal - Wexford pointed out that the format was already changed for 2014 anyway and couldn't be meddled with again this year - surely the current format should be played out in 2014 and a new agreed format be introduced in 2015?

I sincerely hope that the, latest, new proposal gets rejected if only to give that "somebody" a deserved rap on the knuckles.

• Advertisement

You are indeed spot on, but it has been clear for years now that the GAA don't give a damn about counties outside the top ten.

A shame really, Carlow and Westmeath have made good progress in the last decade, at times it seems as if the GAA wish that anyone outside the top 12 would just go away.

It's disgraceful really. When 1A was to expand to 8, 2A and 2B next year were to be:
    2A - Kerry, Derry, Kildare, London, Wicklow & Meath.
    2B - Down, Mayo, Armagh, Fingal, Roscommon & Donegal.

With Carlow and Westmeath being excluded from the new division 1 format, lower division counties are the easy targets to be moved around again:
    2A: Carlow, Westmeath, Kerry, Derry, Kildare & London
    2B - Wicklow, Meath, Down, Mayo, Armagh & Fingal.

If they see a need to give 1A counties 7 games, could they not do that for 2A counties as well without demoting Wicklow & Meath from 2A and Roscommon & Donegal from 2B?
    2A: Carlow, Westmeath, Kerry, Derry, Kildare, London, Wicklow & Meath.
    2B - Down, Mayo, Armagh, Fingal, Roscommon & Donegal.

All the counties in the 8 team division 2A above would benefit from the extra games. It'll be an extra motivation for teams in 2B to get up to that level. I don't see any reason why 2B could simply become a division 3 of 8 either with division 4 consisting of the remaining 6 counties. While division 1 counties enjoy the seeded format and any other changes, lower tier counties should be allowed get on with the league is straight forward divisions providing them enough game time in the spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

14 TEAM DIVISION 1

Tipperary
    Kilkenny
    Galway
    Waterford
    Clare
    Cork
    Limerick
    Dublin
    Offaly
    Wexford
    Antrim
    Carlow
    Laois
    Westmeath

2 GROUPS OF 7 - 6 GAMES PLUS AN EXTRA ROUND WHERE YOU PLAY A TEAM FROM THE OTHER GROUP (OPEN DRAW)

NO RELEGATION

Division 2

Kerry
    Derry
    Meath
    London
    Down
    Mayo
    Wicklow
    Kildare
    Armagh
    Roscommon

10 teams - 9 games winner can choose to be promoted to Div 1 or stay put,Same with relegation

Division 3

Monaghan
    Fingal
    Tyrone
    Warwickshire
    Fermanagh
    Leitrim
    Sligo
    Donegal
    Louth
    Longford

10 teams - 9 games winner can choose to be promoted to Div 2 or stay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

No change to the hurling league format for next year (or the next 3 years but you know yourself, people will start complaining and the chopping and changing will carry on)

Anyway, Cork and Limerick in division 2 1B. Correct decision I feel. League worked well and playing in 1B didn't seem to hamper Dublin or Limerick.

adrian522 wrote: »
    No change to the hurling league format for next year (or the next 3 years but you know yourself, people will start complaining and the chopping and changing will carry on)

Anyway, Cork and Limerick in division 2 1B. Correct decision I feel. League worked well and playing in 1B didn't seem to hamper Dublin or Limerick.

No change for next year, other than the changes that had originally been agreed anyway; i.e. 4 quarter finals introduced so all 12 teams get 6 games. Top4 in 1A play top 4 in 1B, 1st playing 4th from other group, ans 2nd playing 3rd.

Not sure I'd agree on 1B not hampering Dublin or Limerick, both deservedly won their provinces, but they both fell at the first hurdle when it came to do or die knock out. While Cork and Clare had the benefit of a ferociously competitive 1A campaign behind them. May have been a factor, may not, but it can't be discounted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Didn't hamper Dublin anyway, Don't think it affected Limerick either. They had plenty of competitive games by semi final time, wouldn't have mattered then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement