Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to Oz in November

Options
  • 06-10-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Hi

Heading for Oz on the 7th of November, heading to Kununurra in WA, have job sorted and free accommodation with brother when I land, plan on staying their for a few months to build up cash before heading down to Melbourne next year. Think I may have at max 2000 euro leaving here but living free and have work sorted when I land, should that be ok?

Graduating in Business Information Systems the week before I jet off and hope to land a job in the IT sector for a few months so I can get more work experience before I come home or travel somewhere else, would getting a job in this sector be difficult in Oz? I have previous experience working in HR and IT in Ireland so im hoping that it translates

Thanks for any replies! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Hey yes you should be fine with that amount , I spent 6 months living there you do realise it will be wet season when you arrive? It will be near 40c humid heat and very wet not pretty but you should save heaps as there is not much to spend your money on up there , where will you be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hey yes you should be fine with that amount , I spent 6 months living there you do realise it will be wet season when you arrive? It will be near 40c humid heat and very wet not pretty but you should save heaps as there is not much to spend your money on up there , where will you be working?

My brother is head barman in a hotel and bar in Kununurra and has told me that il be starting work with him 5 days after I land, been told il have work picking fruit as well if I need it. Ya ive heard the weather will be mental, been hitting the gym the last few weeks to slim down so I can adapt to the heat a bit quicker, and so im not sweating like Tony Soprano!

What's Kununurra like? Is their much going on their? Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What's Kununurra like? Is their much going on their? Thanks for the reply!
    It's a pretty remote town in the Kimberley*. Over 3000km from Perth. Probably a few thousand people living there only, and the nearest town is 100km away.

*Random thought: I live in Sydney, I'll be flying to Dublin at Christmas, when I flew over Kununurra I'll be 25% of the way to Dublin :eek:

Advertisement