Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best hurling match of all time?

• 06-10-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭

Or even just that you've seen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Waterford Cork 04 hands down for me

Followed by Tipp KK 09 and Galway KK 05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That Galway Kilkenny semi final in 05 was the greatest GAA match I ever saw. That said it's a very biased answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Tipperary v Kilkenny 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭redlead

Gerry91 wrote: »
    Waterford Cork 04 hands down for me

Followed by Tipp KK 09 and Galway KK 05

They are my three too in the exact same order. Waterford Cork 04 had it all. Swashbuckling hurling at its finest. The whole series of waterford cork games from 02 to 07 were exceptional. 05 and the 07 games are up with the best too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 RebelAbu32

Cork v Waterford munster final 04

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

For me there are two categories, entertainment value and skills standard. Some games have both in abundance. The nature of the players the game attracts, the speed and scoring system of the game tends to produce very entertaining games even at underage club level.
    This years AI replay is up there with many others for entertainment value but I have never seen anything like the skills standard of the 2009 Tipp/KK final. This is the game that sticks out in my mind because after watching it I couldn't remember either team making a single skills error. I don't think that standard can be improved and relieved that they can't produce it every year;). How do you take loosing a game like that after doing everything right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭randd1

For me there are two categories, entertainment value and skills standard. Some games have both in abundance. The nature of the players the game attracts, the speed and scoring system of the game tends to produce very entertaining games even at underage club level.
    This years AI replay is up there with many others for entertainment value but I have never seen anything like the skills standard of the 2009 Tipp/KK final. This is the game that sticks out in my mind because after watching it I couldn't remember either team making a single skills error. I don't think that standard can be improved and relieved that they can't produce it every year;). How do you take loosing a game like that after doing everything right?

You come back and win the AI. A tough one to take for us cats, but Tipp did just that.

I agree with you though, the 2009 AI final was the best standard of hurling I have ever seen, both from a tension and entertainment aspect, and from a skills aspect, you'd be hard pressed to find better.

That said, I think the 2009 league final between both was just as good, if not better entertainment. Simply epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Waterford v Limerick 2003 Munster Championship.

It wasn't on telly as Thurles didn't get a Cert for the TV coverage due to health and safety reasons but it was the best game i ever saw. Flynn scored a goal with an overhead pull from 25 yards that sadly will never get the praise it deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

That Galway Kilkenny semi final in 05 was the greatest GAA match I ever saw. That said it's a very biased answer.

Ditto.......was a pleasure to be in the hill that day and to get to see Niall Healy running an absolute muck......If i remember correctly, 7 of the 9 goals went into the hill.......

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Kilkenny Tipp 2009. The skill levels will never be bettered in my vew.

This years all ireland was great, possibly as exciting as any hurling match ever but it couldn't match the skill levels of 2009 which also went down to the wire.

I've been to all irelands since 1973, met a Tipp lad who hadn;t missed an all ireland since '56 and he couldn't name a better match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

All this talk of 2009 made me upload the full game as I couldn't see it anywhere else online, if anyone wants a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

When ya take a look at the video, it didnt look as good as i had remembered, very scrappy match in parts with plenty of basic errors, certainly not as great as i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

IF you all haven't seen this, you should watch it now .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cz6vsTLPJU 2004, Documentary on Munster Hurling Final - Final Words

Advertisement