Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Brom vs Arsenal, 16:00, SS1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Arsenal looking rattled here will be doing well to get in at ht 0-0

edit: Nevermind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Bang!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well that coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

****ing joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ya beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Great header! Unmarked 6 yards out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Great finish!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Time to see what we're really made of now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Poor from Arsenal really need to get the finger out now, hopefully that will get a response out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Every time jack gets the ball he ends up on his arse.

He's been shíte, he needs the shepherds hook for one of Rosicky or Gnabry at HT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Class header. Good cross in too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have been very poor. Wilshere in particular.

Frisbee wrote: »
    He's been shíte, he needs the shepherds hook for one of Rosicky or Gnabry at HT.

I'd love to see how many times he's lost the ball so far.

Arsenal getting a bit sloppy now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Hopefully that will spurn Arsenal on as a wakeup call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Get jack off the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

There murdering us down the left were the hell is Gibbs? Everytime they get down there it's Wilshere doing the tackling with Gibbs playing far to narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Came from behind a lot last season.

We have no width with our lack of wingers, west brom destroying us on the wing.

• Advertisement

Wilshere needs to be hooked at half time

Got the ball there, the ref is letting the crowd influence him too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wilshere having a disaster of a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That's an awful challege, Wilshere should be off for that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Harsh card imo.

Very lucky not to see red! Horrible tackle!

What?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Really? It was a yellow at most

Was definitely a yellow no doubt about that, not a red.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Really? It was a yellow at most

Could have broken a bone or twisted a knee. Reckless tackle from behind and very dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What in the world....tackle only looked bad because the WBA player had his body in a really wierd position.

Get Gnabry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

West Brom fans : "You're getting sacked in the morning! You're getting sacked in the morning.....sacked in the morrrrning. You're getting sacked in the morning!

Arsenal fans : "We'll sack who we want....we'll sack who we want.... We are the Arsenal, We'll sack who we want!

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Well at least I have a tenner on a WestBrom/Arsenal HT/FT....

He got the ball seriously, people have gone mad, can't even slide tackle anymore.

He got the ball seriously, people have gone mad, can't even slide tackle anymore.

From behind? No you cant. You haven't been able to slide tackle....from behind....in atleast twenty years.

Wilshere is a great player but he has small man syndrome. A minute previously, he was held in the box by the very same player he scythed out of it. It was a revenge tackle.

Jernal wrote: »
    Could have broken a bone or twisted a knee. Reckless tackle from behind and very dangerous.

A accidental clash could do the same, it was a yellow card tackle at most not a leg breaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If Wilshere doesn't get hooked for his performance alone that yellow should seal it, very likely to be sent off if he stays on.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If Wilshere doesn't get hooked for his performance alone that yellow should seal it, very likely to be sent off if he stays on.

Yep he is likely to see red, I'd change him

Jernal wrote: »

It was more down to the awkward position of the WB player, ball was in space when jack went for it I thought.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    From behind? No you cant. You haven't been able to slide tackle....from behind....in atleast twenty years.

Wilshere is a great player but he has small man syndrome. A minute previously, he was held in the box by the very same player he scythed out of it. It was a revenge tackle.

It wasn't from behind, I suggest you look at it again.

It wasn't from behind, I suggest you look at it again.

When I look at it again, I'll see a tackle from behind so I'm not sure how it will help your argument........

When I look at it again, I'll see a tackle from behind so I'm not sure how it will help your argument........

It wasn't a sending off, the ref seen sense.

Turtyturd wrote: »

Needs to be subbed, he's playing **** and heads gone.

I'd have to see it again but I thought the WB player was facing him when Jack started his slide, only to turn before they made contact.

It wasn't a sending off, the ref seen sense.

I never said it was a sending off. Kirby != Frisbee.

I said it was a tackle from behind, which it was, and therefore a yellow card......which is what was given.

• Advertisement

Well did you see it?

Was never from behind, actually from the side.

You need to watch it again do definitely not from behind it was an out stuck leg

I'd have to see it again but I thought the WB player was facing him when Jack started his slide, only to turn before they made contact.

Just saw the replay again and I stand by this. Could have been nasty though in fairness.

It was more down to the awkward position of the WB player, ball was in space when jack went for it I thought.

Probably need to see it again. The first time I saw it I thought straight red as he came in recklessly and scissored the leg of the West Brom player. The only thing the WBA player had in his favour was that Jack hadn't much momentum built up from his start position for a follow through. If he had that would probably have been the end of the WBA player's game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Giroud has been awful. Really awful. I wish we had someone to come off the bench...

• Advertisement
Advertisement