Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Customer-changing to E-fibre Unlimited but no discount for six months?

Options
  • 06-10-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭

I am currently with Eircom and out of contract since last month. I wanted to change to e-fibre unlimited from my current broadband package. However when I went to sign up there, expecting to get the offer of €35 per month for the first 6 months and then €50 there after I found that I was not eligable for this discount. Why is the discount not being offered to current customers out of contract? This doesn't seem fair as by signing up to the e-fibre, I would be entering a contract with Eircom so should really get a discount. If Eircom cannot offer me this discount, then I am seriously considering moving to a company who will offer me a discount for tying myself into a contract for a year or more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

lindtee wrote: »
    I am currently with Eircom and out of contract since last month. I wanted to change to e-fibre unlimited from my current broadband package. However when I went to sign up there, expecting to get the offer of €35 per month for the first 6 months and then €50 there after I found that I was not eligable for this discount. Why is the discount not being offered to current customers out of contract? This doesn't seem fair as by signing up to the e-fibre, I would be entering a contract with Eircom so should really get a discount. If Eircom cannot offer me this discount, then I am seriously considering moving to a company who will offer me a discount for tying myself into a contract for a year or more.
    Nothing is fair with Eircom, they are a rip-off, here in Dublin I get 100mb fibre power broadband for the same price as Eircoms 8mb crappy broadband, if you can get another provider i'd reccommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

lindtee wrote: »
    Hi lindtee

With any new promotion / services there are always new customers promotions that are not available to existing customers (as existing customers did get the new customer promotion available at the time when they signed up with eircom)

Unfortunately although efibre service is a separate product or service that is specific to new customers only I'm afraid.

Mark

Advertisement