Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair a Condenser Zanussi Tumble Drier in Dunlavin

Options
  • 06-10-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone recommend someone to repair a 20mth old Zanussi Condenser drier. Water leaking not getting into the water storage container... Everything else seems fine - heating up & drum turning Thks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

MartinaFC wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone to repair a 20mth old Zanussi Condenser drier. Water leaking not getting into the water storage container... Everything else seems fine - heating up & drum turning Thks :-)

Mine did the exact same and I fixed it.

The storage container is filled via a small fitting to the rear bottom left (as you look at the front). You need to take that apart. The o-ring (black) will be off or missing. It seats around the cylindrical part making the seal. From memory it holds back a spring also. Refit the o-ring or get another .

Aldi used to do a box of o rings of various sizes, as did woodies. Buy that and fix. You could try abbey seals also in JFK industrial estate, Dublin . But you may need to bring old broken o-ring or assembly with you to get right one.

It is an awkward job but once you see it, it is intuitive to fix. Once you see where the o-ring should go, the mechanism will make sense.

All zanussi dryers seem to have same mechanism. I failed at googling this but you might have better luck.

There is a household appliance forum on boards also. Might get someone there to point you in the right direction. Take out a screwdriver and have a go. It will save you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

hi ring the maker even if its not under warranty anymore ,then ring the shop where you bought it and under comsummer law they have to fix it or replace it even without a warrenty ~(i did this last year with a washing machine that i bought in b and q that was over two yrs old no warrenty left on it and i got a full refund most white goods are meant to last at least 5 yrs if they dont the shop where it was purchased are liable ) best of luck:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MartinaFC

Thanks a mill for your replies - I tried the repair solution but no joy as the 'o' ring & seal are fine...
    I'll call the DID Tomo & Hopefully they'll be prepared to help.

Thanks again

Advertisement