Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a current account

Options
  • 06-10-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

HI,
    I will be in Dublin later this month for a period of around 3-5 months and want to open a current account. The problem is that I will be staying at a freinds house and so wont have proofof address. Is it possible to open a current account without this? Or can I use an address from outside the country? Just so you know I have a PPS number etc so its just the address.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi OsloDave,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.

It is generally a requirement that you have a permanent Irish address and can provide proof of that, to open a resident account with us. The decision to proceed with account opening in this instance would be at the discretion of the branch you wish to open the account with. 

We would suggest contacting the branch directly and a representative will be more than happy to advise if this will be possible. They can also arrange an appointment for account opening for you. Branch contact details can be found here.

Thanks and hope you have a nice visit to Dublin.
    Tara

Advertisement