Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 20% Off sim only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Don't tesco do the same with unlimited calls, texts and data for €25 a month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

cormie wrote: »

They have even better plans now imo. Have a look here http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-monthly-plans.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Go Conquer do the same deal,unlimited calls and texts, with 5GB for 20!

http://www.48months.ie/deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

€15 gets you the same payg on Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

groom wrote: »

Plus you get €0.02 ppm calls to the USA:P:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Do you have a link for that?, i cant see any Tesco deal offering unlimited calls,texts and data for 15 euro :confused:

It's all on the Tesco mobile site

Top up by €15 and you get unlimited* (10000 mins) free calls to landlines/all networks, use your credit to buy bundles for unlimited texts ( €10) & 1gb (€5) or there is a 5gb for €10

Or alternately don't buy the bundles and you can spend the €15 after your month of unlimited calls us elapsed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

NATLOR wrote: »
    Do you have a link for that?, i cant see any Tesco deal offering unlimited calls,texts and data for 15 euro :confused:

Or you can go on a 12-month sim only plan for €10 a month that gives 300 mins, 300 texts & 1gb data, or, you can go on a sim only 30 day rolling contract for €20 for twice that amount of mins & texts.

Thanks for the replies but im not seeing anything that beats 48 months.ie 20 euro monthly offer of all calls and texts to any network plus 5g data,but i suppose it depends on what usage you are looking for :)

Thanks for the replies but im not seeing anything that beats 48 months.ie 20 euro monthly offer of all calls and texts to any network plus 5g data,but i suppose it depends on what usage you are looking for :)

Don't they have an age limit though?

Also, Tesco and 48 aren't exactly reliable networks, two major outages last week alone, one of which lasted about 13 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Karsini wrote: »
    Don't they have an age limit though?

Also, Tesco and 48 aren't exactly reliable networks, two major outages last week alone, one of which lasted about 13 hours.

Not really, just enter your date of birth as 18 with 48 and it isn't a problem. Both my parents are on it and they certainly aren't 18 :D

Yes, there was a major downtime last week. Though in my experience of 48 over the last year, it was the first time for such a major problem, normally they are both very reliable.

manonboard wrote: »
    Go Conquer do the same deal,unlimited calls and texts, with 5GB for 20!

http://www.48months.ie/deal

Wow that's a pretty good deal for €20! Aren't 48 and Tesco both part of the o2 network? how did they go down and o2 was ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

02 were having issues then as well.

Im with 48 and was without service all night but my girlfriend is on 02 and some calls were going through and some werent and it was messed up for a few hours as well. Must have been a major problem.

Tesco Mobile PAYG - all calls (including landlines) and texts and 5GB costs €20

Sounds good but having to top up every month would be a pain. Bill pay is much handier. I'm looking to change my dads plan so bills are definitely the choice for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

eMobile have their sim only plan at 32 euro a month with 15Gb of data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sounds good but having to top up every month would be a pain. Bill pay is much handier. I'm looking to change my dads plan so bills are definitely the choice for him.

You do it online with your debit card and it takes about 60 seconds.

Or you can pay upfront for as many months as you want and they stack.

Tesco Mobile PAYG - all calls (including landlines) and texts and 5GB costs €20

Your link is only for 5g data for 10 euro :confused:

Your link is only for 5g data for 10 euro :confused:

It's all been stated in the thread previously.
    €15 top up buys unlimited calls texts and 1gb of data. €20 top up buys all the same except 5gb of data.

The link references the data rates which aren't listed yet on the TM site. Everything else is listed on the site.

In addition €5 of club card points provides €15 top up so if you do enough Tesco shopping you don't have to pay for your mobile at all

It's all been stated in the thread previously.
    €15 top up buys unlimited calls texts and 1gb of data. €20 top up buys all the same except 5gb of data.

The link references the data rates which aren't listed yet on the TM site. Everything else is listed on the site.

In addition €5 of club card points provides €15 top up so if you do enough Tesco shopping you don't have to pay for your mobile at all

Apologies if im reading it wrong but the 15 euro payg option gives you free calls and texts to TESCO mobiles and the choice of EITHER free unlimited any network texts OR calls plus 250 webtexts, 1g data costs 6.99 extra.

Pretty good offer,specially as you say if you are a regular Tesco shopper,but still isnt beating 48 months offer IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

What about lycamobile unlimited calls, texts, and data only €29 per month.

Apologies if im reading it wrong but the 15 euro payg option gives you free calls and texts to TESCO mobiles and the choice of EITHER free unlimited any network texts OR calls plus 250 webtexts, 1g data costs 6.99 extra.

Pretty good offer,specially as you say if you are a regular Tesco shopper,but still isnt beating 48 months offer IMO

You're reading it wrong.
    It's all networks and land lines once you top up by at least €15, use €10 of that credit to purchase the unlimited text bundle.

Recurring Bundles

Data Monthly Charge Opt-in
    1GB Data €5.00 Text "OptIn DATA" to 1744 more info
    5GB Data €10.00 Text "OptIn DATA5" to 1744 more info
    Unlimited Texts €10.00 Text "OptIn TEXT" to 1744 more info

Advertisement