Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

non starter

• 06-10-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hows it going lads?

im having problems getting my bike started. it was laying up for a month or so while I was getting stuff done with it and now its back together it wont start.

it has fuel, the plugs are dry and theres a spark but after that im at a loss as to what to do.

any suggestions as to what to check next?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Can you give some more info on the bike.

Make, model, year,

it might help people to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

P.C. wrote: »
    Can you give some more info on the bike.

Make, model, year,

it might help people to help you.

Apologies - never thought to enter those details. Its a 1992 honda cbr 250 mc22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Is there any sign of the engine starting?

Is there any sign of the engine starting?

when I first tried to start it there was a flicker of life but after that nothing. the engine turns over but its like its not getting any fuel. I thought id maybe flooded it which is why I tried the plugs but theyre dry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Much in the carb, sediment build up in the tap etc, etc.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    Much in the carb, sediment build up in the tap etc, etc.

I actually had the carbs done on it about two months ago - cleaned balanced and the little rubbers replaced because they were perished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Battery fully charged? Only asking since you say it was laying up for a fair while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

check to see if you kinked a hose on assembly if so your kinky or somthing, if not you could have a blocked or dirty fuel tap, or maybe your go juice has gone stale and lost its fiz (fresh petrol) check to see if there is a big pair of knickers blocking the airbox,
    still no joy clean the carbs again. teeny weeny jets, it dont take much to stuff em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's turning over it isn't the battery at least. Sounds like injectors maybe, or pump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

biko wrote: »
    If it's turning over it isn't the battery at least. Sounds like injectors maybe, or pump?

what you talk about willis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

any fuel making it to the carbs at all? all of the plugs being dry would make me think something amis before the carbs (lines, tank, pump, tap etc) - but am no expert

sorry its taking me so long to reply lads - don't have access to the internet during the day.

thanks for the suggestions. i think my next stop is land it in to a qualified mechanic - ive exhausted my mechanical knowledge im afraid! checked to see if there was fuel flowing and there seems to be so im at a loss now.

need to get it back on the road - missing it big time!

sonic85 wrote: »
    I actually had the carbs done on it about two months ago - cleaned balanced and the little rubbers replaced because they were perished.

Did you get the tank done, if not then any gunk in there will clog the carb as soon as the tap's turned, an inline filter would be a good idea.

Did you get the tank done, if not then any gunk in there will clog the carb as soon as the tap's turned, an inline filter would be a good idea.

no i didn't get the tank done - that's a good suggestion actually. how handy would an inline filter be to fit?

sonic85 wrote: »
    no i didn't get the tank done - that's a good suggestion actually. how handy would an inline filter be to fit?

very, get one for a couple of euro from a motor factors, they plug into the fuel line (you'll probably have to split the line.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfIzyEBB23e1Wu6didv_S1BWzO2sW2-v6mbG_ibB4dXXM_8MHeIw

Happened me a few times on the old RD, rusty tank inside :(

very, get one for a couple of euro from a motor factors, they plug into the fuel line (you'll probably have to split the line.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfIzyEBB23e1Wu6didv_S1BWzO2sW2-v6mbG_ibB4dXXM_8MHeIw

Happened me a few times on the old RD, rusty tank inside :(

nice. thatll give me something to do on Saturday! thanks for that

Advertisement