Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking groups

Options
  • 06-10-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi Im enquiring would anybody know of walking groups in Galway City? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sindy5

thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

theres a group that call themselves the Merlin Ramblers that walk through Merlin Woods every Tuesday if you'd be interested in that I could find out more info for you

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    theres a group called that call themselves the Merlin Ramblers that walk through Merlin Woods every Tuesday if you'd be interested in that I could find out more info for you

hi. thanks for the reply. yes that would be great if you could find out more about that walk in merlin woods. thanks.

• Advertisement

will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

For anyone interested in walking in Merliin Woods, I've recently GPS mapped the paths, see http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/53.2803/-8.9905

ok so they meet tuesday mornings at Ard Resource Centre in Doughiska at 10am and have a cuppa then head out at half ten

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That's a bit far for me but could maybe drive over for a walk if workload allows it.
    How long does it usually take? An hour?

Never been on one but they said they get back around 11:30 / 12:00 so just over an hour maybe for good measure

• Advertisement

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Never been on one but they said they get back around 11:30 / 12:00 so just over an hour maybe for good measure

thanks. where is the ard resource centre. this walk will.not suit me timewise. thanks and its great to have the info.

sindy5 wrote: »
    hi Im enquiring would anybody know of walking groups in Galway City? thanks in advance.

thanks everyone for your replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

sindy5 wrote: »
    thanks. where is the ard resource centre. this walk will.not suit me timewise. thanks and its great to have the info.

It is at the top of the road that leads down to LIDL and the NCT centre, above a Polish shop

Advertisement