Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13 Year Old Lab - Emergency

• 06-10-2013 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, need some advice. Not something I like having to ask, but my girlfriends dog has been of poor health lately. She's on heart tablets and also has kidney disease and bad arthritis. Important thing was that she wasn't in pain, but this past week she has taken a bad turn. She usually has a huge appetite, but she's been eating less and less of her food and has started peeing herself, particularly today when she wouldn't get up out of her bed and just peed where she lay. We think she will probably have to be put to sleep tomorrow, we'll see what the vet says, but should we contact an emergency number today if possible? And if so, does anyone know any in the Tallaght area?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Contact the vet that has been treating the dog until now - many vets have an out of hours/emergency service or will have a number you can call on the answering machine in the practice incase of emergancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hey guys, need some advice. Not something I like having to ask, but my girlfriends dog has been of poor health lately. She's on heart tablets and also has kidney disease and bad arthritis. Important thing was that she wasn't in pain, but this past week she has taken a bad turn. She usually has a huge appetite, but she's been eating less and less of her food and has started peeing herself, particularly today when she wouldn't get up out of her bed and just peed where she lay. We think she will probably have to be put to sleep tomorrow, we'll see what the vet says, but should we contact an emergency number today if possible? And if so, does anyone know any in the Tallaght area?

Ring the usual vet and leave a message if possible. My own vet checks answer phone as he lives on premises and calls me back. There will be an emergency number for Ucd vet on answering machine anyway. Poor dog :(

Advertisement