Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burnt out buildings in Rush.

Options
  • 06-10-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is any reason for the high number of burnt out houses in Rush.

I've noticed one beside the graveyard, another opposite Old Road, the old Mr Sudds on main street,the two buildings near the Post Office and I also saw one on the left side heading down to the Harbour Bar.

Seems like a lot to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Just wondering if there is any reason for the high number of burnt out houses in Rush.

I've noticed one beside the graveyard, another opposite Old Road, the old Mr Sudds on main street,the two buildings near the Post Office and I also saw one on the left side heading down to the Harbour Bar.

Seems like a lot to me.

Mr Sudds was an electrical fault I believe, the others are a mystery but your not the only person to notice that unoccupied buildings not adequately boarded up in the town have a habit of going up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Possible connection with the arson attempt in the church a while back? There was a thatched cottage burned out on Sandy Lane a year or so ago also.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

its nothing to do with arrson, they were old homes with old people living in them that either died or moved out and the houses fell apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

kaahooters wrote: »
    its nothing to do with arrson, they were old homes with old people living in them that either died or moved out and the houses fell apart.
    There's a bit of a difference between a house falling apart and a house being burned down. And the house recently damaged on the Whitestown Road was not old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

kaahooters wrote: »

The houses mentioned (if they are all the ones im thinking of) have burnt down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

I can't claim to know what the normal rate of houses burning down in a small town is but the number in rush seems very high. There has also been a lot of smaller incidents such as bins and bells being set alight. It feels like if a house is left empty for more than 6 months it will be burnt down. I thought a couple were confirmed as arson including the large house between rush and lusk.

Advertisement