Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2014 couple of questions

Options
  • 06-10-2013 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, My partner and I are both looking to apply for the IEC in 2014 and have our son come with us.Were finding it hard to find information on it though and I have a few questions that Id be hugely grateful if anybody could help :)
    1)The police certs have to be within the last 3 months so I wont apply for those yet, but I lived n Canada for 3 years before.Do I need a police cert from there too?And if yes does it also need to be within 3 months or could I apply for that now?
    2)Can you work in Quebec on the IEC?Or is it just the rest of Canada?
    3)By the time it opens in January, what do I need ready in terms of documents etc and also in terms of money?
    4)What do I have to do to bring our son with us?I know you can,I just have no clue what you have to do.(Hes 16 months old if thats any help, and me and my partner are both 22) Thanks a million :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

There's a Canada forum on here where people will be able to help you out, post your questions there and you'll get a greater response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Few answers to your questions:
    1) The police certs need to be less than a year old I believe. So apply for them now. If you saw something about 3 months let me know!
    2) Wasn't aware of any restrictions between Quebec and Canada so don't think there is any reason why you couldn't work in Quebec
    3) The police cert is the main document, when you arrive in canada you need to have proof of medical insurance and sufficient funds but not at the application stage. from memory the other documents are just copy of passport, and proof of payment of the fees which you will obviously only get after you apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

fergusb wrote: »
    Few answers to your questions:
    1) The police certs need to be less than a year old I believe. So apply for them now. If you saw something about 3 months let me know!

It's three months

Advertisement