Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hanging off the bike.

• 06-10-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

As we all know Ireland's twistier roads can lean a bike right over even at relatively low speeds. So do any of ye hang off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

No point.....me sliders are worn away...........:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

If you're not moving your weight about you're not really trying, you'd be amazed the effect shifting to the side of the bike can have when cornering (plus it makes you feel like Rossi and co).

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

bladespin wrote: »
    (plus it makes you feel like Rossi and co).

Dont want to feel like Rossi...........i like women.......:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Dont want to feel like Rossi...........i like women.......:P

I knew there's be one :P Wait for a tankslapper then it's hard to judge who's riding who :eek:

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I do regularly enough, more so in the rain.. Or if I've a full tank I'll move my weight back to wheelie.

Once you get used to shifting about on the bike a whole new experience will open up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Elbow down on every roundabout :)

Knee down,Elbow down,shoulder down,fall down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Timfy

On track days I'll get through several sets of sliders... riding on the road, my steering is sharp enough (Triumph Speed Four) to require fairly minimal movement at normal speeds. Always worries me when I see someone putting their knee down at 30 mph around a roundabout or around a typical Irish corner, it's just asking for trouble with the amount of diesel, potholes and tractor **** about.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement