Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all in a year.....

Options
  • 06-10-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭

since I got my licence.

in that time, 3838 QSOs logged on HF
    120 DXCCs
    285 slots filled, spaced:

80m= 10
    60m= 3
    40m= 36
    30m= 5
    20m= 116
    17m= 53
    15m= 22
    12m= 7
    10m= 27

I've used a 1/2 sized G5RV and a long wire, attempted and abandoned a windom and a slinky spring dipole.

for HF I've used a FT101B and a FT747GX

I've made a touch key for CW and killed a PC by plugging in a home made datamode interface.

I've also made a 4 way antenna switch from a biscuit tin and a light switch.......

for 2m I've used a baofeng and a tinkered with PMR set to work the local repeater.

US states & Canadian Provinces worked

AL
    AR
    AZ
    CT
    DE
    FL
    GA
    IA
    IL
    IN
    KY
    LA
    MA
    MD
    ME
    MI
    MN
    MO
    MT
    NC
    NE
    NH
    NJ
    NY
    OH
    OK
    PA
    RI
    SC
    TN
    TX
    VA
    VT
    WI
    WV
    WDC
    HW

CANADA
    NB
    NS
    ON
    PE
    QC
    SK
    NL

SO MUCH LEFT TO DO!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

is 60m band opened for amateurs up north?

good job anyway, so basically you are doing 10.5 qso's per day. I got my licence in mid July, station was ready in August, so.. so far I have 50 qso's or 0.76 per day... :) I'm lazy! Biggest distance covered I guess is Ecuador on PSK31. On voice - I was able to reach Nebraska, had a decent chat as well, not just reports. This is what I enjoy the most, having a normal conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

60m is available but only to full licence holders after applying for an extension or NOV.

I like a chat too, and while I have no interest in ENTERING contests, they can be useful to get a few notches on the old logbook.

there was a RTTY contest last weekend, so I downloaded the software and had a rattle......

I'm mainly on CW though as it's quieter and my kids don't shout at me as much!!

Advertisement