Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mulitsensory water tube with bubbles

• 06-10-2013 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I have seen these in mulitsensory rooms and know they can be very expensive.
    They have them for €25 in home store it more.
    It changes colour and has bubbles in it and about 5 plastic fish.
    It's about 2 1/2 foot high I think.anyway ill try and attatch a picture of what it looks like.but for €25 yo-yos its a steal.
    I couldn't take a photo if mine as kids are around but it's very similar to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Is it 2 and a half feet or is it way taller. A big one like in the picture would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

No it's not huge like the one in the pic.i just can't take a photo of it because its not dec. 24 :-) but for that price I think it's an excellent buy.ill try and put up picks tomorrow when shes at school or maybe try their website. ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

They're here

That's it the bubble fish lamp.ita bigbenough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

What in gods name is a multisensory room? Is it like Jesse's gaff in Breaking Bad?

• Advertisement

It's a room designed to stimulate different sensors like hearing and sight .its of great benifit to kids with special needs ESP autism .
    It can help relaxation and can also help people connect as their senses are heightened so people that may be hearing impaired may love seeing the lights feeling the vibrations and the change of colour can be relaxing.
    HTH fair play for asking .
    Cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I bought one years ago. In a quiet room the motor was quite loud. If you had music or whale songs on it wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks I'm sure the sound of the two kids fighting over it will drown out a y noise.:-) was it this one you bought .is it ok ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Seen those in home store. They make good presents, also worth a look are the plasma ball which is identical to what they sell in the gadget shop (red5) and argos for €28-30 (€12.50 in HS). The turtle nightlight projector (€6) is €14+shipping on GrabOne so also looks like a good deal...
    Oh and if you sign up to HM mail/text newsletter you can get their offers a few days before the official sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

flyguy wrote: »
    Seen those in home store. They make good presents, also worth a look are the plasma ball which is identical to what they sell in the gadget shop (red5) and argos for €28-30 (€12.50 in HS). The turtle nightlight projector (€6) is €14+shipping on GrabOne so also looks like a good deal...
    Oh and if you sign up to HM mail/text newsletter you can get their offers a few days before the official sale...

All good value, but remember when there gone there gone :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got one for my son (ASD), loves it. Sat there for ages in front of it. Pretty quiet actually. Only issue is he took the lid off and threw a gi joe into it. Have to tape up the lid.

Great, I think my kids will love it.Good idea to tap the top shut.Water every where, and God only knows what would end up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

id love one of these for my special needs child. im in galway and limerick are sold out.

shot2go wrote: »
    id love one of these for my special needs child. im in galway and limerick are sold out.

pm me.

shot2go wrote: »

Pm that person and see how you get on.i don't know if you can order on line but airside in swords had a good few yesterday .
    If your still stuck let me know.

No need for pm's now, I've been down to the homstore & more in Limerick and picked up two more. One for me, one for shot2go if they still want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

They are noisy . My lad has one . Vibrations go through the floor upstairs.

Maybe get some felt pads for the base? Is yours on laminate?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

just pmd u back mark thank you so much ! sorry im just seeing replys now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Several left in Cork Mahon Point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Several left in Cork Mahon Point.

Thanks, I did a stock check on there site and says there is none. Think my little fella with ASD would love this alrite.

If I can i will call into my one in airside .i can do a sale or return but wouldn't know how to get it to cork .there must be someway .
    I have no problem picking one up for you.
    It's light enough to post but its glass / hard plastic ?
    Ill have a think and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

cathy01 wrote: »
    If I can i will call into my one in airside .i can do a sale or return but wouldn't know how to get it to cork .there must be someway .
    I have no problem picking one up for you.
    It's light enough to post but its glass / hard plastic ?
    Ill have a think and see what happens.

ah its grand but thanks ill pop in there in the morning and see if they have some still. stock just might not be showing online.

I emailed the limerick store, and they got back quick. Try the cork one?

Advertisement