Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mejana late night cafe and bar anyone been there?

• 06-10-2013 7:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Its on Thomas street they are advertising a late bar and music till 3am.anyone been here?
    Thought it was lebannese restaurant but never got to try it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

news to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Was there last week. They must be in bad need for money to be doing this. I was there on a Friday night. Kebabs and pints of Guinness. A darn good spicy kebab, but I can see it getting VERY messy. I heard there was a scuffle in there a few weeks back.

They have a bouncer on the door, but I don't see how they'll get away with this long term?

I'd be wide going in again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I really like Mejana but I don't get why it's called Cedar House as well. It's a messy set-up.

Mejana always did take away so why the need to stick another takeaway into the same restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I really like Mejana but I don't get why it's called Cedar House as well. It's a messy set-up.

Mejana always did take away so why the need to stick another takeaway into the same restaurant.

Cedar House was a pizza place down on Broad Street I think, maybe they had the same owner and they moved both to the one premises!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

The cedar house sign which was put up on the front of mejanas seems to be gone now though, or at least was last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Daibhead

Alot of these places are the same kitchen with different names, I think it's a business gimmick to get more money. For example, Express Pizza Ireland and Pizza hot 4 you are two different restaurants on justeat but the food is identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Daibhead wrote: »
    Express Pizza Ireland and Pizza hot 4 you

What terrible, terrible names :p

They'd also want to sort out the manners on their staff. I can see this place closing. Soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Is the Lebannese still going in there or it just pizza kebabs now?

Think it's both, but is a kebab place by night.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

so is this place open tonight?? as a bar i mean?? i might head in for a couple and see what the craic is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Gorgeous food. Hope it stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I had great fun in there. The serve beers and shisha :)

I hear they are having Miss Bikini Ireland there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Haha heard that alright that Greg Ryan is running the late night side of it.shur even that Dutchie Wolf guy or whatever he is called was there with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

seachto7 wrote: »
    I hear they are having Miss Bikini Ireland there.

A story in this week's Sunday World suggested that that might not be happening.

Regarding Mejana itself, I had lunch there soon after it first opened, it was very nice, and I was in the late bar more recently, it was pretty good though the draught Heineken wasn't great.

That was a joke by me. ;)

Advertisement