Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet 100 battery fault

Options
  • 06-10-2013 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have a Europlex Signet 100 house alarm, there is a fault on the keypad at the moment that says "Battery Fault". Those anyone know which battery could be causing the fault or how I could check? Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its the main battery in the control panel.
    Does the alert clear if you enter your code & select clear alert?
    If not its a 12 volt DC 7amp rechargeable battery you need.
    12v-7amp-powercell-gel-battery-378-p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 iangriffin83

Thanks Koolkid :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome. It's easy enough to change, just be sure to observe the polarity.

ZOMBIE RESURECTION....

Just wondering if this worked? I have the same problem and wondering if this was an easy fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I have a problem with my alarm. Getting a BATT 100 fault.

I guess it's the back up battery. My battery looks like a 12v 2.2amh?

Is this battery interchangeable with one of a higher ampage?

How likely am I to get electrocuted if I try replace it myself?

Also any recommendations on a good battery supplier welcome

Tia

• Advertisement

That’s an insufficient battery for that panel. If your replying use 12vdc 7.2amp battery.

The battery and panel etc is low voltage ,but be aware there is mains voltage present around the main PSU transformer.

If you are anyway unsure working this seek professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

You are nearly there if you had a replacement battery 😄

Disconnect the leads on the battery and put in the new one. 12V 7Amp

Here is a link to the suppliers.

Advertisement