Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013-4 Heineken Cup Discussion Thread

• 06-10-2013 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Right, now that the annual curtain-raiser of Leinster v Munster is out of the way, we can look forward to what may turn out to be the last ever Heineken Cup. Let's get it on!

Pool 1: Leinster, Northampton, Ospreys, Castres

The pool of death? A difficult draw for Leinster and a tough opening fixture in the Liberty Stadium, particularly in light of the lacklustre showing in Thomond and the likely absences of O'Driscoll, Cullen, Strauss and Tuquiri. Northampton have an equally demanding trip to Castres on Saturday afternoon; this pool could be wide open by the end of the weekend.

What are the odds? Leinster 4/5 to win the group, NH 2/1 and the Ospreys a tasty enough 6/1. Castres bring up the rear at 11/1.

Pool 2: Toulon, Cardiff, Glasgow, Exeter

On paper at least, a walk in the park for Toulon, but Exeter had a great debut season in the HC last year and will make things difficult for the Galacticos when they arrive to Sandy Park. Ditto Glasgow who may lack the power up front to really make a go of it but they will be confident of winning all their home games at least. Cardiff are in freefall and two wins will be a bonus.

What are the odds? Toulon are a ridiculous 1/10 to win the group, Glasgow 13/2 and Cardiff and Exeter way back at 25/1.

Pool 3: Toulouse, Saracens, Connacht, Zebre

Toulouse have failed to hit their usual HC heights in recent seasons and Saracens will fancy their chances of a repeat of last season's march to the semi-finals. Given their start to the season, Connacht and Zebre look to be here to make up the numbers and their best hope is to take points off each other.

What are the odds? The closest call with Paddy Power; Toulouse are narrow favourites at 5/6 with Saracens only marginally behind at 10/11.

Pool 4: ASM Clermont, Harlequins, Scarlets, Racing Metro

Another tough pool; Clermont will be keen to make amends for their disappointing end to last season and Racing's usual indifference to the HC will (hopefully) be a thing of the past with the arrival of a new batch of players who are more steeped in the tournament's history. Quins are a hard team to predict; on their day, they can live with the best but there are questions over their ability to front up against big teams. Scarlets are here to make up the numbers.

What are the odds? Clermont 1/2, Racing 3/1 and Quins 5/1.

Pool 5: Ulster, Leicester, Montpellier, Treviso

Another vicious draw for an Irish province; Montpellier may not throw everything at the HC but they don't give up points at Stade Yves-du-Manoir. A win on Friday night at Ravenhill against the Tigers would be a massive boost for Ulster; the dream scenario would see Tigers out of contention by round 6, but Leicester are HC experts and will definitely be in the shake-up.

What are the odds? PP can't split Tigers and Ulster at 6/5, Montpellier are worth a look at 4/1.

Pool 6: Munster, Perpignan, Edinburgh, Gloucester

A fortunate draw for Munster, Edinburgh can be relied upon to dispense bonus points on request, it's safe to assume Perpignan will be focussing on Perpignan and while Gloucester have the ability to carve any team open, they lack the edge to win at Thomond or Aimé Giral.

What are the odds? Munster are 8/11, Perpignan 5/2 and Gloucester 4/1.

So looking at all the above, a mixed bag for the Irish provinces.

Connacht will struggle to be competitive against the two heavyweights of Toulouse and Saracens; more heroics at the Sportsground are unlikely and pool 3 is almost certain to produce two quarter-finalists.

Leinster are in a dog-fight as well; a win in Swansea on Saturday evening would be a massive step in the right direction. I get the feeling that if they can nick a win and get points on the board while missing key players and still bedding in a new coach, they'll be set fair come January.

Ulster have been up and down so far this season but if they play to their abilities and Pienaar can slot back in quickly on Friday, a win over the Tigers will be massive. It all hinges on how interested Montpellier are.

Munster will have some hairy moments in Perpignan and Gloucester but should have more than enough to win the group and a home QF is well within their grasp.

My predicted quarter-finalists:
    Leinster, Toulon, Toulouse, Clermont, Leicester, Munster, Saracens, Glasgow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Toulon, Clermont, Munster, Ulster, Leinster, Sarries, Leicester, Toulouse would by my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'll be a defeatist and go for qualifiers of Northampton, Toulon, Saracens, Clermont, Ulster and Munster as the group winners with Toulouse and Quins getting in via the runner up spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

For me the top 5 teams in Europe at the moment are Sarries, Toulon, Northampton, Toulouse and Clermont. Then after that there are a couple of sides who could be very dangerous but just don't seem to have clicked yet (Irish provinces, Leicester) or else look like they could be arriving on the scene (Montpellier, Gloucester) and some sides who may not be as good as advertised (Quins, Castres).

Very hard to predict how the opening weekend will go. I'm calling it:

Connacht - Sarries
    Toulouse - Zebre
    Ulster - Leicester
    Castres - Northampton
    Ospreys - Leinster (optimistic!)
    Quins - Scarlets
    Treviso - Montpellier
    Edinburgh - Munster
    Gloucester - Perpignan
    Exeter - Cardiff
    Toulon - Glasgow
    Racing - Clermont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Would go for those bucs other than Castres to beat Saints and Racing to beat Clermont.

Racing v Clermont is definitely the tie of the weekend on paper, Racing haven't been great but Clermont have had some dodgy results as well.

Toulon v Glasgow could be a great match if Glasgow turn up. Would expect a home win but if Glasgow click (a la in the RDS last May) then they could really put it up to them. Glasgow are 5/5 in the Rabo so they're in good form, whereas Toulon haven't been at 100% (Laporte has said it himself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Castres Saints is an intriguing one

Castres French champions of course and notoriously tough to beat at home early on in this comp

The Saints threw it away at Welford Road yesterday* but I think their quality will see them sneak this. North is a huge acquisition.

*Lawes typically getting himself into the bin late on didn't help

I think Leinster will sneak it v Ospreys too just. Ulster should make home advantage count and Edinburgh are terrible. 3 Irish wins

It's looking ominous for Connacht- sarries 5 from 5

• Advertisement

I'll be rooting for Glasgow to get out of their group, they've been playing some great stuff in the league over the last season or two and it would be great to see that translated into some impact on Europe. Toulon away first up mightn't be such a bad thing, look at Montpellier last season. Got hockeyed at Toulon in the first round and then won their remaining five games including hammering Toulon at home.

In terms of a probable tournament winner, Toulon are my pick again this year. They'll almost certainly get a home quarter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

For me the top 5 teams in Europe at the moment are Sarries, Toulon, Northampton, Toulouse and Clermont. Then after that there are a couple of sides who could be very dangerous but just don't seem to have clicked yet (Irish provinces, Leicester) or else look like they could be arriving on the scene (Montpellier, Gloucester) and some sides who may not be as good as advertised (Quins, Castres).

Very hard to predict how the opening weekend will go. I'm calling it:

Connacht - Sarries
    Toulouse - Zebre
    Ulster - Leicester
    Castres - Northampton
    Ospreys - Leinster (optimistic!)
    Quins - Scarlets
    Treviso - Montpellier
    Edinburgh - Munster
    Gloucester - Perpignan
    Exeter - Cardiff
    Toulon - Glasgow
    Racing - Clermont

How many of these will be BP wins? There's a few obvious ones but will Sarries, Quins, Munster and Exeter manage them.

I also think Ulster, Saints, Leinster, Montpellier and Clermont won't produce BP wins.

As always there will a few shocks.

phog wrote: »
    How many of these will be BP wins? There's a few obvious ones but will Sarries, Quins, Munster and Exeter manage them.

I also think Ulster, Saints, Leinster, Montpellier and Clermont won't produce BP wins.

As always there will a few shocks.

I'd be surprised if Quins managed a BP, not impressed with them this season.

Exeter are an interesting one though.

^^^Quins were attrocious on saturday and Robshaw got injured, not sure if it was a precaution though. Sneaky feeling Scarlets could pull off an upset here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'll be rooting for Glasgow to get out of their group, they've been playing some great stuff in the league over the last season or two and it would be great to see that translated into some impact on Europe. Toulon away first up mightn't be such a bad thing, look at Montpellier last season. Got hockeyed at Toulon in the first round and then won their remaining five games including hammering Toulon at home.

In terms of a probable tournament winner, Toulon are my pick again this year. They'll almost certainly get a home quarter.

I'd love to see the Weegies make it out of their group. And who knows maybe they can beat Toulon at home. Cardiff and Exeter are definitely beatable. I think we need a non Irish Pro 12 side to do well this year and I think Glasgow are definitely the side with the best chance.

I think Ulster are getting there but we have a hellish pool, we absolutely have to beat Leicester on Friday as I can't see two sides qualifying from our pool.

Leinster could probably do with winning in Swansea this weekend, if not they will be playing catch up from the get go and that might be tough. It would also give the Ospreys a major boost.

I think Munster will get through provided Keatley or whoever is kicking have the kicking boots on to get out of any tight scraps they may endure on the road.

Connacht will hopefully get at least 9 points from Zebre, but I can't see them getting much change from Sarries, maybe they can beat Toulouse at home, depending on the conditions but they seem to be struggling a bit this season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Right, now that the annual curtain-raiser of Leinster v Munster is out of the way, we can look forward to what may turn out to be the last ever Heineken Cup. Let's get it on!

Pool 1: Leinster, Northampton, Ospreys, Castres

The pool of death? A difficult draw for Leinster and a tough opening fixture in the Liberty Stadium, particularly in light of the lacklustre showing in Thomond and the likely absences of O'Driscoll, Cullen, Strauss and Tuquiri. Northampton have an equally demanding trip to Castres on Saturday afternoon; this pool could be wide open by the end of the weekend.

What are the odds? Leinster 4/5 to win the group, NH 2/1 and the Ospreys a tasty enough 6/1. Castres bring up the rear at 11/1.

Pool 2: Toulon, Cardiff, Glasgow, Exeter

On paper at least, a walk in the park for Toulon, but Exeter had a great debut season in the HC last year and will make things difficult for the Galacticos when they arrive to Sandy Park. Ditto Glasgow who may lack the power up front to really make a go of it but they will be confident of winning all their home games at least. Cardiff are in freefall and two wins will be a bonus.

What are the odds? Toulon are a ridiculous 1/10 to win the group, Glasgow 13/2 and Cardiff and Exeter way back at 25/1.

Pool 3: Toulouse, Saracens, Connacht, Zebre

Toulouse have failed to hit their usual HC heights in recent seasons and Saracens will fancy their chances of a repeat of last season's march to the semi-finals. Given their start to the season, Connacht and Zebre look to be here to make up the numbers and their best hope is to take points off each other.

What are the odds? The closest call with Paddy Power; Toulouse are narrow favourites at 5/6 with Saracens only marginally behind at 10/11.

Pool 4: ASM Clermont, Harlequins, Scarlets, Racing Metro

Another tough pool; Clermont will be keen to make amends for their disappointing end to last season and Racing's usual indifference to the HC will (hopefully) be a thing of the past with the arrival of a new batch of players who are more steeped in the tournament's history. Quins are a hard team to predict; on their day, they can live with the best but there are questions over their ability to front up against big teams. Scarlets are here to make up the numbers.

What are the odds? Clermont 1/2, Racing 3/1 and Quins 5/1.

Pool 5: Ulster, Leicester, Montpellier, Treviso

Another vicious draw for an Irish province; Montpellier may not throw everything at the HC but they don't give up points at Stade Yves-du-Manoir. A win on Friday night at Ravenhill against the Tigers would be a massive boost for Ulster; the dream scenario would see Tigers out of contention by round 6, but Leicester are HC experts and will definitely be in the shake-up.

What are the odds? PP can't split Tigers and Ulster at 6/5, Montpellier are worth a look at 4/1.

Pool 6: Munster, Perpignan, Edinburgh, Gloucester

A fortunate draw for Munster, Edinburgh can be relied upon to dispense bonus points on request, it's safe to assume Perpignan will be focussing on Perpignan and while Gloucester have the ability to carve any team open, they lack the edge to win at Thomond or Aimé Giral.

What are the odds? Munster are 8/11, Perpignan 5/2 and Gloucester 4/1.

So looking at all the above, a mixed bag for the Irish provinces.

Connacht will struggle to be competitive against the two heavyweights of Toulouse and Saracens; more heroics at the Sportsground are unlikely and pool 3 is almost certain to produce two quarter-finalists.

Leinster are in a dog-fight as well; a win in Swansea on Saturday evening would be a massive step in the right direction. I get the feeling that if they can nick a win and get points on the board while missing key players and still bedding in a new coach, they'll be set fair come January.

Ulster have been up and down so far this season but if they play to their abilities and Pienaar can slot back in quickly on Friday, a win over the Tigers will be massive. It all hinges on how interested Montpellier are.

Munster will have some hairy moments in Perpignan and Gloucester but should have more than enough to win the group and a home QF is well within their grasp.

My predicted quarter-finalists:
    Leinster, Toulon, Toulouse, Clermont, Leicester, Munster, Saracens, Glasgow

Leinster to top their group? I admire your optimism. I haven't seen so much this season to make me as sanguine. Ravaged by injuries again, and the performance of the pack against Munster hardly inspired confidence, backline looked disjointed too. If Leinster go down to Ospreys this weekend, it's going to be tough work. I'd imagine it's winner takes all in the pool, I'd fancy other 2nd placed sides to progress from other pools. Maybe (hopefully!) thinks will start to click. I wish BOD wasn't so indispensable, but it's shaping that way...yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

The thing about Leinster's group is that all the teams can/will take points off each other. It rules out the 2 qualifiers but makes topping the group easier.

When Leinster were winning the comp we typically won 5 of the 6 games and topped the group, and that is usually enough, but 4 may be enough in such a tight group. It's going to be painful but the Ospreys game this weekend is absolutely massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Leinster to top their group? I admire your optimism. I haven't seen so much this season to make me as sanguine.

I was working on the basis that we'd have O'Driscoll and Strauss back. It's been a rough day. (probably worse for Strauss himself)

Meh, I'm not too worried about how we've played so far, it always takes ages for us to hit our stride but the lack of offensive penetration against Munster was worrying. Still, I think we're a better outfit than the other teams in our group and would be hopeful of topping the group but it's going to go all the way to round six.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I was working on the basis that we'd have O'Driscoll and Strauss back. It's been a rough day. (probably worse for Strauss himself)

Meh, I'm not too worried about how we've played so far, it always takes ages for us to hit our stride but the lack of offensive penetration against Munster was worrying. Still, I think we're a better outfit than the other teams in our group and would be hopeful of topping the group but it's going to go all the way to round six.

Ospreys and Castres haven't shown much this season but I'm quietly terrified thinking about the Northampton games. North, Pisi x2, Fotuali'i, Foden, Burrell are quality players in the backline and Manoa, Lawes, Hartley, Corbisiero, Wood etc. makes a massive pack. They look a very very complete team on paper, I do not see things going well against them if I'm honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

How much improved this year are Sarries and Northampton? Obviously Kahn, Corbisiero and North in particular are huge signings for Northampton but they lost a few players too, and is Myler still their out-half?

And do Sarries have a more creative backline than last year? It's all very well having a monster pack, but when they come up against the big teams who can match them, do they have the spark out wide to beat a Toulon/Clermont?

Munster beat Sarries last year, Ulster beat Northampton...and Toulose haven't been the same team in the last couple of years. While I'm not writing them off, I wouldn't see them as teams for Munster/Leinster/Ulster to be frightened of if they were to play them with a full team. While Toulon and Clermont would seem to have that bit extra.

I'd have Montpellier as dark horses, could win Ulster's group.

Few musings from ROG
    http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/1e-journee-h-cup-racing-metro-ronan-o-gara-taille-dans-l-europe_sto3958531/story.shtml

"It's my aim to help the players, above all those who don't have experience <of the Heineken Cup> because the Top 14 is one type of game but the HC is a different competition which I know well."

"In the HC, you have to win the first match. And if you win the first two games, you're in a great position to make the QFs. The level of the team at the moment, it has to improve. And what a game to improve for, against Clermont, without doubt the best team in Europe!"

Re: Sexton
    "There was a lot of competition between us. At the start, I didn't like Jonathan and he didn't like me. Now, I know him and I like him. We're friends and we want to win something together with Racing. It's very important for me to have Jonathan and for Jonathan to have me here. The Top 14 is new for both of us which is hard. We have more to learn about how to win in the top 14. I hope that in a few months, we'll have learned. It's important for the growth of the team".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Fireball07 wrote: »
    How much improved this year are Sarries and Northampton? Obviously Kahn, Corbisiero and North in particular are huge signings for Northampton but they lost a few players too, and is Myler still their out-half?

And do Sarries have a more creative backline than last year? It's all very well having a monster pack, but when they come up against the big teams who can match them, do they have the spark out wide to beat a Toulon/Clermont?

Munster beat Sarries last year, Ulster beat Northampton...and Toulose haven't been the same team in the last couple of years. While I'm not writing them off, I wouldn't see them as teams for Munster/Leinster/Ulster to be frightened of if they were to play them with a full team. While Toulon and Clermont would seem to have that bit extra.

I'd have Montpellier as dark horses, could win Ulster's group.

Absolutely, I've said that all along about the likes of Saints/Sarries, and then I see Castres get blown away 34-0. A write off. But I agree, Montpellier could be a big threat, whether they get out of the group will depend on how they travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Rightwing wrote: »
    Absolutely, I've said that all along about the likes of Saints/Sarries, and then I see Castres get blown away 34-0. A write off..

What point are you making. This part of the post doesn't makes sense

Rightwing wrote: »
    Absolutely, I've said that all along about the likes of Saints/Sarries, and then I see Castres get blown away 34-0. A write off. But I agree, Montpellier could be a big threat, whether they get out of the group will depend on how they travel.

Which games have you seen Saints/Sarries play this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Eh, trick question, clearly.

They play their first games this weekend.

• Advertisement

I haven't seen either but I would actually be interested in hearing how much improved you think they are this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

anyone looking to see the action over the weekend, send a PM ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

This Glos team won't scare anyone:
    Gloucester Rugby:

Rob Cook; Jonny May, Mike Tindall, Billy Twelvetrees, James Simpson-Daniel; Freddie Burns, Jimmy Cowan; Yann Thomas, Huia Edmonds, Shaun Knight; Elliott Stooke, James Hudson; Tom Savage (capt), Matt Kvesic, Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements:

Dan George, Dan Murphy, Rupert Harden, Gareth Evans, Akapusi Qera, Dan Robson, Ryan Mills, Martyn Thomas

Some good young players and a few old heads, but that front row won't be able to handly Perpignan.

Really Perp are the danger to Munster in that pool.

If USAP can beat Gloucester away then they will really fancy their chances. They should get maximum points at home to Edinburgh next week.

Racing team to play Clermont on Sunday:

15. Benjamin Lapeyre, 14. Marc Andreu, 13. Fabrice Estebanez, 12. Juan Martin Hernandez, 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Jonny Sexton, 9. Maxime Machenaud,
    1. Davit Khinchagishvili, 2. Dimitri Szarzewski (capt), 3. Luc Ducalcon, 4. Juandre Kruger, 5. Francois van der Merwe, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Antoine Battut, 8. Jacques Cronje,

16. Virgile Lacombe, 17. Eddy Ben Arous, 18. Julien Brugnaut, 19. Fabrice Metz, 20. Bernard Le Roux, 21. Laurent Magnaval, 22. Henry Chavancy, 23. Benjamin Dambielle.

A decent team but some notable absentees, e.g. Lydiate, Mujati, Planté, Fall, Roberts and Tonga'uiha. I'm not sure if they're injured or if Racing are perhaps not as interested in the HC as they might be? Clermont have named a full-strength line-up so this pool might be decided before it begins.

Imhoff is top class so it's no surprise to see him ahead of Fall or Plante.

I think a couple of players may be getting punished for that awful result last week.

Racing team to play Clermont on Sunday:

15. Benjamin Lapeyre, 14. Marc Andreu, 13. Fabrice Estebanez, 12. Juan Martin Hernandez, 11. Juan Imhoff, 10. Jonny Sexton, 9. Maxime Machenaud,
    1. Davit Khinchagishvili, 2. Dimitri Szarzewski (capt), 3. Luc Ducalcon, 4. Juandre Kruger, 5. Francois van der Merwe, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Antoine Battut, 8. Jacques Cronje,

16. Virgile Lacombe, 17. Eddy Ben Arous, 18. Julien Brugnaut, 19. Fabrice Metz, 20. Bernard Le Roux, 21. Laurent Magnaval, 22. Henry Chavancy, 23. Benjamin Dambielle.

A decent team but some notable absentees, e.g. Lydiate, Mujati, Planté, Fall, Roberts and Tonga'uiha. I'm not sure if they're injured or if Racing are perhaps not as interested in the HC as they might be? Clermont have named a full-strength line-up so this pool might be decided before it begins.

Hernandez at 12? That's a bit left field. Racing's side still looks strong on paper...which doesn't always mean much when it comes to French teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Racing and Clermont should be a good game, hopefully.

Racing backline looks seriously talented and that's without the likes of Fall and Roberts.

Of course, the Clermont backline looks equally good (although definitely weaker at 10).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

TG4 have a highlights program on at 11.30 for an hour.

Compo_Glasgow_1000.jpg

Lobbe back for Toulon! :D

Watch out for Tuisova, he's a 19 year old Fijian winger who impressed in pre-season and was promoted to the first team squad. Habana and Palisson being injured gives him an opportunity. He will be a JIFF player soon and is a good example of what French clubs are doing to get around JIFF rules, namely recruit teenage foreigners who will then become 'French produced'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Three French players in the starting 15. Sacre Bleu!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Three French players in the starting 15. Sacre Bleu!

Not that it would make much difference, but Suta, Gunther, Tillous-Borde and Palisson are all injured. I'd say at least two of them (likely Tillous-Borde and Palisson) would be starting in that team. Michalak will probably be ahead of Claassens when he's 100%.

Still, it's a bit of a joke. That do have some talented youngsters and I hope when the likes of Juan Smith, Van Niekerk and Rossouw retire that they will back their academy players.

thomond, I have it on good authority that your girlfriend Munster reckons you might be cheating on her. You seem to spend A LOT of time with the Top 14 sisters (admittedly hot), especially Toulon, and you've even been spotted out recently with that trollope Leinster. Just saying, man to man...

Swiwi. wrote: »
    thomond, I have it on good authority that your girlfriend Munster reckons you might be cheating on her. You seem to spend A LOT of time with the Top 14 sisters (admittedly hot), especially Toulon (not saying you're a Delon Armitage fan of course), and you've even been spotted out recently with that trollope Leinster. Just saying, man to man...

Fixed

• Advertisement

Toulouse with three tries already vs Zebre.

three tries now!

33mins and the try bonus is wrapped up for Toulouse. 22-0 now.

Dragons had the try bonus wrapped up at 31 mins against Mogliano and London Irish have their try bonus wrapped up at 37mins agaibst Calvisano. Not a good night for the everything is fine in the European competitions camp!

Halftime in Toulouse - they have scored four tries and are 24-0 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Phoeey

Hook's most insightful and enjoyable analysis to date. The man's a true professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Montpellier with a good win at Treviso: 27-10

Opening tries for Castres (vs Saints) and Scarlets (at Quins)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Horrid Henry

How come JP Doyle (an Irish referee) can take a Munster Heineken Cup game?

I know that he's RFU affiliated but he's still Irish.

A tad odd, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Quins look very poor so far. Not going great in the Premiership either.
    Scarlets could put up a big score on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Scarlets on fire

Similar start for Scarlets that Edinburgh had today.

Holy ****, another try for Scarlets. Fantastic finish from Scott Williams. Scarlets are 10-20 ahead at half-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Castres 13-3 up now

As I stated in the first page Scarlets beating Quins wouldn't surprise me one iota. I think Quins are overrated, Munster fairly showed them up last year. Was at both Connacht games against them last year and while they played some good rugby they didn't inspire me all that much, particularly in the sportsground. Fine they've had two good years in the Aviva, winning it in 2012 but I (perhaps harshly) put it down to the fact they've the best squad when you take out internationals. Of course this didn't affect the final and most games but yes they are capable of good performances but overall I don't think they're all that mighty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

Some of the decision-making in the Castres-Northampton game is schoolboy stuff. Both sides have turned up goalkicking opportunities for the corner and now Castres on a defensive scrum on 5metres try run it out down the blindside - net result Northampton attacking lineout and now a try

• Advertisement
Advertisement