Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013-4 Heineken Cup Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

phog wrote: »
    Looking for a lazy way to check out red/yellow cards issued during the pool stages.

I run a H/cup competiton at work, each participant had to select a team from each round that would win their game, you cannot pick the same team twice and we weighted a win against an Italian team, the oppisition had to score 6 tires to get a BP.

Anyway I have a view tied on 27 points and after checking Tries for, PD they're still tied so next is Red Cards. The problem is the cards only count in the game that the participant used that team. Is there any easy way of checking cards issued without haveing to read the individual match report on ERC site or ESPN?

Does anyone know do the ERC or any other site list cards issued by team by fixture?

Bump...anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

phog wrote: »
    Bump...anyone?

Don't think so, thought wiki or flashscores might've but it seems they don't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think there were only two red cards in total in the pool stages.; Mafi against Gloucester and Evans against Leinster. Both were in round 6 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think there were only two red cards in total in the pool stages.; Mafi against Gloucester and Evans against Leinster. Both were in round 6 too.

Mafi's was from Round 1, wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

duckysauce wrote: »

(From a southern perspective) nice to see Munster not featuring. That doesn't happen too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

who_me wrote: »
    (From a southern perspective) nice to see Munster not featuring. That doesn't happen too often.

Things have changed now that Quinny has retired... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Was POM not binned in a game?

http://rugby.statbunker.com/competitions/MostSinBins?comp_id=440&club_id=82

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yeas are gettin soft :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

So, I'm waiting until the last min to book flights, where abouts will the ERC announce the times? I'm presuming twitter?

.ak wrote: »
    So, I'm waiting until the last min to book flights, where abouts will the ERC announce the times? I'm presuming twitter?

Ditto, but hotels rooms are all but gone in the city centre in Toulon already! I'd say keep an eye on twitter as it'll be up there from someone almost immediately.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ditto, but hotels rooms are all but gone in the city centre in Toulon already! I'd say keep an eye on twitter as it'll be up there from someone almost immediately.

Yeah. I'm planning on staying in Nice, with an outside chance of finding something in Toulon last minute for the saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

PP have the QF markets up already, way too early imo

Ulster -4
    Clermont -12
    Toulon -5
    Munster -4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ssaye2 wrote: »

Ulster -4
    Clermont -12
    Toulon -5
    Munster -4

The earlier they get in cash the better, it's never too early! They know that all the teams will name their strongest possible side so there's no risk compared to putting out odds for Rabo matches.

Ulster -4
    Clermont -12
    Toulon -5
    Munster -4
    P_1 wrote: »
    Hmm they seem like fair enough prices, guessing the handicaps would be around

Ulster -2
    Clermont -15
    Toulon -5
    Munster -3

Ha I got one right I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

The earlier they get in cash the better, it's never too early! They know that all the teams will name their strongest possible side so there's no risk compared to putting out odds for Rabo matches.

One thing to keep in mind is that Toulon particularly (and Clermont less so) will have fewer players being exposed to the 6N than the others.

By my count, Toulon will have Bastareaud and no-one else involved, unless Mermoz gets a recall. Now obviously there will be top 14 games while the 6N is on, but you have more scope for resting key guys, rotating etc.

Leinster, on the other hand, will have maybe 10 of their starting 15 involved in all 5 Ireland games.

Toulon might be in much better shape come the first week of April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Ulster -4
    Clermont -12
    Toulon -5
    Munster -4

Toulon, Toulouse and Leicester look like the value plays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Rightwing wrote: »
    Toulon, Toulouse and Leicester look like the value plays.

You don't think that Munster's band of journeymen no-hopers will be able to continue their run of slightly-above-average form into April then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

You don't think that Munster's band of journeymen no-hopers will be able to continue their run of slightly-above-average form into April then?

A win of 1-3 points would suit Munster just fine.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Rightwing wrote: »
    A win of 1-3 points would suit Munster just fine.

Hope this helps.

That makes no sense in relation what he asked you

hope this helps, but I doubt it will

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Let's not go down that road.

One thing to keep in mind is that Toulon particularly (and Clermont less so) will have fewer players being exposed to the 6N than the others.

By my count, Toulon will have Bastareaud and no-one else involved, unless Mermoz gets a recall. Now obviously there will be top 14 games while the 6N is on, but you have more scope for resting key guys, rotating etc.

Leinster, on the other hand, will have maybe 10 of their starting 15 involved in all 5 Ireland games.

Perhaps Suzanne the waitress should get a job in the south of France towards the end of March in that case :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

If they come through injury free then I don't see that as a problem, they'll have a lot of high quality rugby under their belts.

Injuries though, yeah.

Fixture KO times delayed. GRRRRRRRR! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

http://www.ercrugby.com/heinekencup/news/27938.php#.UuEMCrTFK01.

So irritating. I want to make travel plans!

Mad to think only 15000 will get to see the last 2 year champs play together in a QF.

FFS this is ridiculous. You already can't get a hotel in Toulon unless it's miles out. Half tempted to assume we play on the Saturday and just book something now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

FFS this is ridiculous. You already can't get a hotel in Toulon unless it's miles out. Half tempted to assume we play on the Saturday and just book something now.

I'm more concerned about making sure I get a ticket first before booking anything :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭crisco10

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about making sure I get a ticket first before booking anything :/

Think you will need deep pockets to enjoy that sort of comfort!

http://www.homelidays.co.uk/toulon/apartment-flat-370634en1.htm

Apartment rental may interest some 450 for the week in a lot of places in Toulon

• Advertisement

ERC are saying that:
    The objective is to take into account each club's preferences, venue restrictions at shared stadia, as well as ensuring that international broadcasters are able to cover all eight games from Thursday evening through to Sunday in order to maximise the promotion of the tournaments and the clubs involved and allowing fans who cannot access games to view the action.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there just the one shared stadium in the eight concerned (including the ACC). Surely that can't really be used as an excuse for the hold up

http://www.homelidays.co.uk/toulon/apartment-flat-370634en1.htm

Apartment rental may interest some 450 for the week in a lot of places in Toulon

Yeah but that requires that people can get the time off. There's 9 of us travelling (minimum) and some of us can only take a day. We've put our names into the JWT hat, but that's going to cost an arm and a leg. Might just be easier though at this stage.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Think you will need deep pockets to enjoy that sort of comfort!

Well I don't need flights, just accommodation, but it seems like that is going to be a pain in the arse.

Well I don't need flights, just accommodation, but it seems like that is going to be a pain in the arse.

Stay in Nice if you're driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

What ON EARTH can be delaying the decision - Godalmightygivemepatience, it's surely not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Evans - 12 weeks
    White - 3 weeks
    Du Preez - incident judged not to have been worth of a red card and therefore a citing.

Buer wrote: »
    Evans - 12 weeks
    White - 3 weeks
    Du Preez - incident judged not to have been worth of a red card and therefore a citing.

Seems fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Seems fair enough.

White only gets 3 weeks for a stamp to the face. Very lucky boy. He needs to sort out his discipline.

White only gets 3 weeks for a stamp to the face. Very lucky boy. He needs to sort out his discipline.

I think it was accidental, so yeah 3 weeks seems right. Reckless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I think it was accidental, so yeah 3 weeks seems right. Reckless.

Initially I thought it wasn't that bad because he doesn't go for the head or any joints, it's just some fairly vigourous rucking. He then clips the face and yeah you have to give a ban for that. Nothing like Evans though.

Yeah but that requires that people can get the time off. There's 9 of us travelling (minimum) and some of us can only take a day. We've put our names into the JWT hat, but that's going to cost an arm and a leg. Might just be easier though at this stage.

JWT said they would do day trips and one night trips....I notice that Killester travel did one AND two night trips to Castres, so maybe they will also offer two night trips to Toulon - it's a long way to go for one night, and also very expensive. Toulon is tricky to get to, so it's going to cost us not matter how we do it.

The flights I'm looking at haven't gone up... They're taunting me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Do It!

/easy to be decisive with other peoples money and time.

Done!

What else should I spend my pay cheque on Ruggie?!

On the balance of things though I'd rather watch the match from home (or find another method later on) than spending near €200 and MISSING the match because I'm in the air. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Done!

Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe pyjamas

PM me for details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Done!

coke and hookers? like the rest of us...

Just saw on LF that Ryanair flying to Nice now.

The flights I'm looking at haven't gone up... They're taunting me.

What are you on about with this staying in Nice lark? It's ****in miles away!

What are you on about with this staying in Nice lark? It's ****in miles away!

Short trip on the train and a savage city (with plenty of cheap accommodation).

• Advertisement
Advertisement