Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm.

Options
  • 06-10-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I may get a house alarm for a small bungalow. It will probably be wireless.
    The house has six separate rooms with a window in each with seven openings in total. There is also a door to front & back.
    All I need is for the alarm bell to sound if there is an attempted break in and a text alert to a few phones.
    How much should I expect to pay for such an alarm.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For wireless probably somewhere between €700-€900
    Take a look at these 2 systems.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676131

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭cosmowillie53

Thanks for reply.
    Which one is cheaper wired or wireless and are the equally good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would really depend on how easy and tidy it would be to wire the house.
    Both are as reliable but wired would always be preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I may get a house alarm for a small bungalow. It will probably be wireless.
    The house has six separate rooms with a window in each with seven openings in total. There is also a door to front & back.
    All I need is for the alarm bell to sound if there is an attempted break in and a text alert to a few phones.
    How much should I expect to pay for such an alarm.
    Thanks.

If it is for a self install have a look at the suppliers list here. Shop around and see what prices you can get.

Advertisement