Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats on your to do list?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Collect new used motor tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Collect new used motor tomorrow.

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it on 19s at the minute MC?

Yeah, and they look tiny on it as the arches are a bit too big.

Need to add another thing to the list now - get radio/nav fixed. Calfed it the other morning which is annoying...

Go on...

Ill get a photo up tomorrow. But i picked up an an auto s14 with some basic mods and fecked bushes

Give it a couple of months and it should be trackday ready and on E85.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Hyundai Coupe 2005

Replace low spoiler with factory high spoiler,
    Refit HID's,
    Most likely change the alloys again,
    Tint rear windows,
    Touchscreen stereo,
    Exhaust (Not loud, just a nice purr)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Front and rear factory struts - bought
    factory 5 piece mats - bought
    boost gauge - bought
    c pillar brace - bought
    broadway mirror
    gearstick extender
    other quirky jap stuff

and a new starlet to fit them all to, just hoarding parts at the moment until i see one i like. decided in the end not to fit the bits i have to my black one as what makes it unique is that it hasn't been made "unique".

got a TRD instrument cluster last night for a steal of a price!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Just paid for a set of msport side skirts, must get them sprayed and fitted.

Then I must look out for an msport rear bumper.

Then a set of msport springs.

LED rear lights.

Paint correction/enhancement with the DA has to be done shortly as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

BillJ wrote: »
    Then a set of msport springs.

Don't bother, you're wasting your time.

Any e46 springs left out there are probably nearing their end of life, particularly considering it's a car known for breaking OE (rear) springs.

Get a set of Eibach springs. Don't cost the earth, they'll be brand spanking new, give a nice amount of lowering and will probably handle much better than some tired OE springs.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Don't bother, you're wasting your time.

Any e46 springs left out there are probably nearing their end of life, particularly considering it's a car known for breaking OE (rear) springs.

Get a set of Eibach springs. Don't cost the earth, they'll be brand spanking new, give a nice amount of lowering and will probably handle much better than some tired OE springs.

Was hoping to keep costs as low as possible, msport springs seemed like a nice cheap upgrade. I suppose it's false economy if they snap after 1000 miles.

I have been looking at eibach sportlines and pro kits also. Only reservation with them is the fear they will increase my insurance premium.

Any idea if lowering springs are a loading for insurance?

BillJ wrote: »
    Was hoping to keep costs as low as possible, msport springs seemed like a nice cheap upgrade. I suppose it's false economy if they snap after 1000 miles.

I have been looking at eibach sportlines and pro kits also. Only reservation with them is the fear they will increase my insurance premium.

Any idea if lowering springs are a loading for insurance?

Dependent on insurer.
    Ring and ask. You need to declare them anyway to have valid insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

On my Chaser todo list;
    Put on rear spoiler, install rear seatbelts. Install double din head unit. Change timing belt and water pump, change out all fluids. I will need new side skirts eventually. Change all 4 tires to E mark part works, continentals or Dunlop. Hope to get this done before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

BMW E46 323ci;

I want to upgrade to the navigation unit,

Respray the front bumper as there is a bit of paint after coming off,

Upgrade the speaker system.

Thats pretty much it i think as the rest of the car is sweet as a nut :D

Speakers.

New old car. I think 2 of them work. And make cracking noises when you move the aux

My money is on twisted together with electricians tape. Will save that pleasure till saturday morning.

1 more week before stupid exhaust is gone. Its hitting the chasis aswell making more of a racket.

UPDATE:
    Bought a piggyback ecu....

Loads of wiring to do now....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Alfa GTV

1. Major service to check every aspect of the car, mechanic is getting a list of what I think is wrong including front suspension, rear brakes not settled in (replaced recently) along with all filters/fluids being replaced, throttlehead cleaned, spark plugs replaced. Also includes aerial being replaced with one that auto retracts, and all seals being replaced, along with bonnet hinge on off side being fixed.
    2. All wheel nuts checked and replaced where warped (see chat thread), all tyres checked again (done three months ago) and upgraded where necessary
    3. Front of car from mirror to mirror being cleaned and resprayed, including mirrors being replaced and resprayed. Includes replacement of front grille with badge
    4. Damaged leather on drivers seat restored.
    5. New steering wheel and gear knob
    6. New interior mats
    7. New stereo
    8. Hands free set (may happen before many of the above.

Advertisement