Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cavtat, Croatia!

• 06-10-2013 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hey all,

Myself and my boyfriend are heading to Cavtat in 11 days time and we're so excited!

Just a few questions and would love some answers for anyone that's been or currently lives there!

Weather wise, we look at the forecast every day so we're expecting about 20/21 degrees. Is it quite breezy or just dead heat?

How much spending money would be adequate for each of us? We'll be spending 4 days in Cavtat and 1 in Dubrovnik. We were thinking about €250 (in Kuna each). Is that enough?

Also, what sights are an absolute must-see?

Restaurant recommendations would also be appreciated!

Thanks all! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

we were in dubrovnik recently, fantastic place but isn't the cheapest. we took a drive to cavtat and it seemed nice but no idea of restaurant recommendations.

in dubrovnik you can get a card which will allow you entry into a lot of museums and stuff, can't remember how much it cost though. i would recommend doing the walls of the old town but do it early in the morning or in the evening to avoid the crowds. the cable car up above the city is a must-do too, fantastic view of the city and there is a great war museum up there too.

50 quid each should be enough if you're eating out for dinner and lunch but maybe you would need a bit more for the tours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

Cavtat isn't huge to be honest. Has lovely walks along the coast. Your not that far from Dubrovnik so you will probably spend more time there. Cable car is a must do. This time of year it won't be too busy, but the cruise ships dock during the day so late afternoons and evenings are quieter.

To be honest, I much prefered the day trip we took down to montenegro. (If your after cheap fags/booze this is your place.) Kotor was really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Cavtat is a great wee town . Plenty of good spots for fresh fish. The places that look like they are trying the hardest are probably over priced . 3 course meal and drinks should be about 50euros .

A few nice small pebble beaches in the area . I would recommend taking the boat across to Dubrovnik , the entrance into the old city walls is fantastic .
    Take a look at a day trip to one of the smaller island near Dubrovnik , we visited Kolocep . Simply stunning.
    Where are you staying ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

was over in cavat for a wedding a few years ago. fab place but v small. if your looking for a relaxing holiday its the job. its very small locals are v friendly and there is a regular ferry into Dubrovnik or a bus option.

Advertisement