Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cracked skin on hands?

• 07-10-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

I ride horses and made the mistake for years of not wearing gloves while in the saddle. As a result the skin around my nails on some fingers is cracked badly and peeling from holding the reins. I have been wearing gloves for about a year now when riding and it's no better.

Does anyone have any recommendations for restoring the skin on my hands as it is embarrassing at this stage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

A really good exfoliant and a really good moisturiser.

I can't find them on the internet and I could be spelling their name wrong but I think it's Gahdi that sell a hand and foot scrub that is fantastic. It's also has oils in it that are moisturising. It leaves a greasy feeling on the skin for about 10 minutes afterwards but once it soaks in the skin is left feeling silky smooth. They have a stall upstairs in the Jervis shopping center and in the middle of the Liffey Valley shopping center, they are the ones with the really pushy sales people. Can't stand their sales tactics but that product is really good.

If your hands are that dry then the moisturising of the scrub may not be enough and you won't be able to use it every day so a hand cream would be useful too. L'Occitane hand cream gets rated pretty highly but it's quite pricey. Personally if my hands were that dry I would just use Nivea cream, it's not specifically targeted at hands but it's a really good moisturiser and is inexpensive.

Another thing that might be worth checking out are the hand masks they are selling in Penny's at the moment. I haven't tried them but I have tried their foot mask counterparts and they are really good. You put them on for an hour or two and then after about 3/4 days all the dead skin starts to peel away. It's kinda gross but the foot one anyway leaves the skin really soft so the hand ones might be just as good. If the skin is cracked to the stage of bleeding tho I would avoid this until it heals.

Advertisement