Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio ban

Options
  • 07-10-2013 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi, I was banned from the radio forum for writing that Tubridy is going to visit a brothel. He was given the offer of him and some of his RTE pals having an orgy there to which he replied "See ya'll next summer so." It was on last Friday's show. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ghiertal

Hi, the problem I had with this was that Splinter said "prove that Tubridy said that he is going to visit a brothel". But, by the time I got round to pming him and the other mods with the proof and appealing on here it was too late. If that ban hadn't stood then maybe my current 2 week would have been shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

tbh ghiertal, its a pretty clear cut progression of events here.

you posted material that was deemed inappropriate and against the forum charter.

you were warned, on thread, by a mod. The second warning clearly states "if you continue to do this you will be banned"

you continue

you get banned.

I'm not seeing any reason for this to be lifted or any other justification for a DRP thread on this other than the fact that you do not like the decision.

Looking at your posting history in the radio forum and your history of ignoring mod instructions and warnings (both cards and on thread warnings), I think you were lucky to just get 2 weeks. I'm going to suggest to the mods that the next time you ignore a mod warning in the radio forum, you automatically get a ban for 1 month. After that, we'll need to discuss the option of extending these to category level bans.

Forums have charters and mods for a reason. Please start paying attention to them in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement