Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Updating with no Wi-Fi

• 07-10-2013 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Question from an amateur.

I have an iPhone 4S which needs an update, my 3G won't let it download because its it's too big.

- I don't have wifi
    - I don't have wifi at work.
    - The iTunes I use is in a laptop which I don't have access to for weeks.

Now I do have a work computer with constant Internet access and I have my iPhone/USB cable to my work computer.

Is there anyway to do the update via the work computers Internet connection?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi

Go on pc with access to internet to:
    http://www.getios.com/

Select Your device and download correct restore file.
    Transfer it to laptop with iTunes and instead of clicking on restore - press shift and click on restore, select file You downloaded.

Only thing is that iTunes will try to contact apple servers to confirm if this is valid update - without internet it might fail.

Can't say as I do not have any iPhone myself ;-)

Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That's a big roundabout way to just clicking update or restore in itunes. Anyway I'd say the op is trying to update an app, eitherget a friend to turn on hotspot or tethering on their phone or go to somewhere like McDonalds and buy a coffee and ask them for the wifi card.

If you use a friends hotspot make sure they don't get charged for it on their bill first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think I'd just wait until my own laptop is on wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,928 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

free wifi at hotels, cafes, etc

Advertisement