Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Trading as" query

Options
  • 07-10-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hiya

I have run a design company which is a limited company. I want to setup a similar business with a different name and have a different bank account with it . Whats the best way of doing this? Should I simple register a new business name and put it under the original name? The new business won't be very big so thats why I thought it might be easier just to put it under the original business.

Thanks

Aaron

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Yes, your existing company can buy a business name from the CRO to trade under. See http://www.cro.ie/ena/forms_r_bnames.aspx. You do not need to run seperate accounts for the activities of the trading name operation. You do need to make it clear on stationary etc that the trading name is a unit of the limited company, i.e. XYZ Design Ltd trading as ABC Colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Also the bank will allow you to use the one account once you give them the certificate for the register business name.

Advertisement