Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways around self-exclusion

• 07-10-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi. I self exclused myself form bet365 earleir in the year. This wasn't due to an addiction problem. I did it because I lost a few bets and was pissed off :)

I want to sign up again with the website. what is the best way to get around this self exclusion? Another bank account with another credit card?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

I self excluded myself from Betfair arcade and poker because I dont want someone to hack my account and chip dump my funds out. I had to use the poker product then again for something so I contacted them , they told me to write a letter (an email wouldn't suffice) and say i wanted to play again.

You should think long and hard about signing back up in my opinion , if you are just doing it for small stakes then go for it , but odds are stacked against you winning, just look at live football betting thread here people just throwing money away hopefully only for small stakes. But you are generally going to lose its an expensive hobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

gluppers wrote: »
    Hi. I self exclused myself form bet365 earleir in the year. This wasn't due to an addiction problem. I did it because I lost a few bets and was pissed off :)

I want to sign up again with the website. what is the best way to get around this self exclusion? Another bank account with another credit card?

I advise against this. If they discover your second account, you will forfeit any balance. They are a huge site with a pretty good security department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

3DataModem wrote: »
    I advise against this. If they discover your second account, you will forfeit any balance. They are a huge site with a pretty good security department.

They will not keep your money, most likely just send the initial deposit back to your bank or may even send the winnings aswel.
    As you said, security is top of the range so i would not even bother. Get a friend or family member at a different address to open an account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

kev250 wrote: »
    They will not keep your money, most likely just send the initial deposit back to your bank or may even send the winnings as well.

Not a chance they send the winnings, in serious breach of their licence if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pbemff

3DataModem wrote: »

Agree with this. But in actual fact if you have self excluded yourself in the past, take it as a sign. You may be lying to yourself now that it was due to being p'ed off.
    Take the hint and don't gamble any more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement