Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone billing issue

Options
  • 07-10-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I have a Vodafone Dongle which I use for WIFI broadband. I have been a customer since about 2007 and 4 months ago I was updated to a newer wifi thing that I do not need to plug into the pc.

So basically I get to about day 20 each month and my wifi thing reads "sms" only. I contacted customer services on this and basically it was beacause I was after reaching my data limit so it went off.
    So this happens each month, and then turns back on then in the new month. This is fine, I accept this. However I today received a bill for €97,which is 10 times more than my monthly bill. I am really confused as for the billing period I was unable to use my dongle for almost two weeks of it, as I had used up all my data so I really don't understand why I have a bill.

Customer service are not helpful. I am thinking of cancelling the dd and paying the monthly charge by cheque with a letter explaiining...I am so cross!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

You could try posting this in the Vodafone forum below as well

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I have since spoken to someone else in Vodafone and had this bill reduced by 50%. The reason they said that there was a charge and then a switch off, was because their systems do not operate in "realtime" and that sometimes they wont know for a few days if there is a limit passed.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

I have since spoken to someone else in Vodafone and had this bill reduced by 50%. The reason they said that there was a charge and then a switch off, was because their systems do not operate in "realtime" and that sometimes they wont know for a few days if there is a limit passed.....!

So is the amount you owe now the proper figure or an estimated figure.

Its the "proper" figure which I disputed reduce to shut me up and get me off the phone

Its the "proper" figure which I disputed reduce to shut me up and get me off the phone

Not good enough. You're entitled to pay only what you really owe, not what they think you owe. I wouldn't be having any of it.

• Advertisement

They weren't going to give me that though...I thought I was doing well to get the discount I did. What else can I do, Ive already had two long phonecalls with them!

They weren't going to give me that though...I thought I was doing well to get the discount I did. What else can I do, Ive already had two long phonecalls with them!

I have to be honest and say I'm not familiar with the dongle thing or how you incur charges on it but surely if they can't tell you what you actually owe, then why do you have to pay them anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

weisses wrote: »
    You could try posting this in the Vodafone forum below as well

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Please don't tell a poster to post again in another forum. This causes duplicate threads, and clean up for the mods. Instead, please use the Report Post function to alert a mod that a thread might require moving.

@emeldc - please don't make off-topic comments. Use the Report Post function.

dudara

OP - do you want this thread moved to the Talk to Vodafone forum, to see if the reps there can help you?

Advertisement