Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Marathon Parking

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone got any good ideas for parking a car reasonably close to Merrion Square before the 2013 Dublin Marathon?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

OneBarrel wrote: »
    Anyone got any good ideas for parking a car reasonably close to Merrion Square before the 2013 Dublin Marathon?

Cheers.
    It's not difficult to find parking. Just get there early enough before the road closures and make sure it's not an area that will be locked-down after you finish. You can usually find parking along the canal, just off Leeson Street. Alternatively, you can park in the College of Surgeons, or one of the other car-parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 OneBarrel

Thanks Krusty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

on street parking is free or just Sunday hours I believe. Really depends which way you are coming in from

I'll be coming in via finglas/northside. I think I'll get in about 7:30 and head to the canal east of merrion square and try to find something there, should be free on a bank holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

OneBarrel wrote: »
    I'll be coming in via finglas/northside. I think I'll get in about 7:30 and head to the canal east of merrion square and try to find something there, should be free on a bank holiday.

Don't park inside any of the closed areas as it will be difficult to get out. I'd recommend anywhere north of grand canal street e.g. Bath avenue or South Lotts road, Barrow street etc. 10 minute walk to the start and escapable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Trampas wrote: »
    on street parking is free or just Sunday hours I believe. Really depends which way you are coming in from

From here:
    Days with free parking:
    St. Patrick’s Day (17th March)
    Easter Sunday and Monday (variable dates)
    May Public Holiday (first Monday in May)
    June Public Holiday (first Monday in June)
    August Public Holiday (first Monday in August)
    October Public Holiday (last Monday in October)
    Christmas Day (25th December)
    St. Stephen’s Day (26th December)
    New Years Day (1st January)
    So on-street parking should be free.

DCM uses a rolling-road closure system, so Leeson Street etc. should be re-opened, after the body of runners have gone through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

PaulieC wrote: »
    Don't park inside any of the closed areas as it will be difficult to get out. I'd recommend anywhere north of grand canal street e.g. Bath avenue or South Lotts road, Barrow street etc. 10 minute walk to the start and escapable

Agree with this. Tons of parking around that area, 10 min walk to start line and easy to get home afterwards.

Thanks all. See you at the finish line....

Advertisement