Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are E cigs allowed inHospitals for patients

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:39am

Straw clutching, here, but would anyone know if they are allowed to be used in Hospitals
    Im assuming they are not, but am hoping someone can tell me different ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Jake1 wrote: »
    Straw clutching, here, but would anyone know if they are allowed to be used in Hospitals
    Im assuming they are not, but am hoping someone can tell me different ;)

A few of my customers (I work for an ecig company) have used them in Beaumont Hospital with no issues, as have I. I would recommend you call up and ask the hospital in question, as I'm sure they have different policies.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    A few of my customers (I work for an ecig company) have used them in Beaumont Hospital with no issues, as have I. I would recommend you call up and ask the hospital in question, as I'm sure they have different policies.

Thanks . yeah, I will check with them. :) Fingers and toes crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Have a vape under the covers, just hold it in a bit longer than usual, and you'll be grand! Just don't vape any strong smelling juices....

I vaped all the way on the plane home from bangkok (11 hours) under the blanket and my girlfriend sitting beside me could hardly even notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ron jambo

Was in Cappagh for a few days,made sure no one seen me, all was grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

I work in tallaght hospital and i use them while working and have seen patients use them, can't understand why anyone would ban their use

• Advertisement

I work in tallaght hospital and i use them while working and have seen patients use them, can't understand why anyone would ban their use

well neither can I, but theres always someone who would object:) Aint no'body got time for dat..:)

Im bringing mine anyway, Ill use the bathroom to vape if anyone is offended. Or under the duvet , like a teenager having a sneaky smoke ;)

well neither can I, but theres always someone who would object:) Aint no'body got time for dat..:)

Im bringing mine anyway, Ill use the bathroom to vape if anyone is offended. Or under the duvet , like a teenager having a sneaky smoke ;)[/quote
    Why should you hide away to vape,would you go into the toilet to eat your dinner in case it offended anybody?
    Mind you some fascist will come up with some reason to ban them no doubt

Just dont want to get in any rows with sick people :)

Ill just be as discreet as possible.

Just dont want to get in any rows with sick people :)

Ill just be as discreet as possible.
    they must be sick if they have a problem with you using an e cig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

"Discretion is the better part of valour" comes to mind.....hope it is nothing serious you are in for :)

• Advertisement

dePeatrick wrote: »
    "Discretion is the better part of valour" comes to mind.....hope it is nothing serious you are in for :)

yeah, I was thinking the same :)

nah nothing serious, luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

yeah, I was thinking the same :)

nah nothing serious, luckily.

Good....happy vaping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

There's no problem vaping in the Mater Private.

I know of at least one psychiatric hospital where vaping is not just permitted but positively encouraged. Smoking goes hand in hand with some mental illnesses. Up to 90% of schizophrenics smoke. There's a lot of scope there for doctors to seriously reduce mortality by backing ecigs.

Advertisement