Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSA

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks, this might seem like a daft question but.... when did the MSA become a third block of the MS course..
    I did MS 1 & 2 back in 2001. We were told that the last day of MS2 was the assessment. Did the night nav, mountain rescue cas evac etc and were told we passed and got a cert. Happy days. Recently inquired about doing my ML and was told i would have to do MSA.
    Is this true?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi folks, this might seem like a daft question but.... when did the MSA become a third block of the MS course..
    I did MS 1 & 2 back in 2001. We were told that the last day of MS2 was the assessment. Did the night nav, mountain rescue cas evac etc and were told we passed and got a cert. Happy days. Recently inquired about doing my ML and was told i would have to do MSA.
    Is this true?

It's true yeah, i did MS about 5 years ago and ms2 and assessment were a few months apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

For as long as I can remember, certainly from at least 2000, if not way before; there have always been three blocks to the Mountain Skills Scheme:
    MS1
    MS2
    MSA

Was it an official MS2 course you did? Maybe check with the provider for their explanation...

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

yep, I did MS1 and MS2 followed up by separate assessment.
    You have to log walks and put in some practice before assessment.

Maybe your course wasn't a BOS approved course ?

As Nathan says, better check with your trainer

PS. may still be places available in our club MS assessment on 19th/20th October if you want to go for assessment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Mountain Skills Assessment was there from the start of the MS course, IIRC. What certificate did you receive? Is that a clue?

Advertisement