Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to typical Merchant Services ?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have recently opened a mens clothes store and am using AIB merchant
    services. However I am paying for a fixed line to run it off, and then
    theres the rental fee and transaction fees. Is there a cheaper alternative out there ? I have been looking at systems that can be used via your mobile etc, but not sure reliable they would be .Id appreciate any help you can give me as really trying to keep costs down...

Thank You !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Check the Elavon mobile unit - cancels the fixed line cost. Rental and transaction fees came lower than AIB.

There's something wrong with the on the mobile systems - no receipt, required to log on the website, sending text confirmation - too much hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I use syspay which uses Elavon. I have a little bluetooth pin pad that connects via mobile. Have been running it for about 6 months now and have found it as reliable as regular units. As with regular units your most common issue is the data connection so go for whatever network has the best connection in your area. I have just signed up to emobiles 4g service so am expecting it to be pretty quick via that! The other key thing is it lets you process card payments when not in the your regular location which for us has been very handy we are often the only people taking card payments when we are doing events.

Advertisement