Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Contract law question

• 07-10-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,
    Just a quick question, if I entered into a private rent to buy agreement and the house owner said during negotiations that they where paying mortgage but it turns out they where in financial difficulty for some months beforehand and now in arrears on the house. And not paying mortgage before we had agreed contract
    Would that be classed as signing a contract under false pretenses??
    All info welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Assuming you entered into a contract to buy a property, you have a solicitor, he can with all the information advise you. This is complex enough issue that to get any clear answer the person should be in full knowledge if the facts. Many issues could easily change the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulyrhinos40

Hi,
    Yes I entered into the contract to buy, I have a solicitor on the issue but he is closed today and I had just thought of this and wondered did anyone else know.

Hi,
    Yes I entered into the contract to buy, I have a solicitor on the issue but he is closed today and I had just thought of this and wondered did anyone else know.

To be honest as the issue is so fact specific no one could answer with any degree of certainty. I am assuming as this is an agreement to buy, the lender was on notice and so knew of the intention, and either agreed or did not need to agree. In that case the sellers situation with the bank may or may not have been important.

As it turns out the lender was not notified and still does not know of the contract to this date, I tried to buy the house as they asked could i get the mortgage sooner and the bank replied basically saying that they would not allow the sale of the property without first securing payment of outstanding monies owed. ( thats all taken care of by solicitor )
    I understand there's a lot more to the issue but thought maybe a simple definition could lean one way or the other.

As it turns out the lender was not notified and still does not know of the contract to this date, I tried to buy the house as they asked could i get the mortgage sooner and the bank replied basically saying that they would not allow the sale of the property without first securing payment of outstanding monies owed. ( thats all taken care of by solicitor )
    I understand there's a lot more to the issue but thought maybe a simple definition could lean one way or the other.

But how could you enter into a contract to buy if the bank did not agree?

• Advertisement

would you mind if i PM'd you on the issue, can go into more detail off public.

would you mind if i PM'd you on the issue, can go into more detail off public.

Know very little about conveyancing, so would not be of any help, best bet is wait till solicitor can see you, nothing can be done without him anyway.

No worries, thanks very much anyway.

Advertisement