Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an affordable winter coat in Dublin?

Options
  • 07-10-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend somewhere where I can buy a good winter coat? What are the Penneys ones like? Max I'd like to spend is 40 euro.

One to the waist would be just fine.. I got one a bit longer in Topman last year, but the buttons on it were pretty awful and kept on falling off.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you tried the charity shops?
    Some very good quality coats in some shops. Not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Bought a coat in Tesco's going to a stag do a couple of years ago, I assumed I'd lose it so went as cheap as I could.
    Still have the thing, have got two winters out of it so far, maybe 3 (worn 5 or 6 times a week)and its still in perfect condition. Paid €45 for it I think.
    Washed in the washing machine again came out perfect.
    Its nice and warm too

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

you well get well priced ones in Zara, H&M, New look, Stradivarius, pull and bear, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

If you're after the down/waterproof/windproof/outdoorsy types - also try online... have gotten really cheap ones on Amazon and sportsdirect.com just because they're 'last season' but really - they don't seem to change that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

TK Maxx?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I'd like to spend is 40 euro.
    but the buttons on it were pretty awful and kept on falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Dunnes ,Got a great winter coat there last year for 50 euro .It looks good which is important to me and is warm .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How about military surplus? My brother got a very cool military coat in an outlet in Tallaght for about 40 quid, still going strong five years later! Army Bargains off Capel St or the Eager Beaver in Temple Bar used to be good for coats, you'd get a good quality parka or peacoat for that money.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Arnott's Bargain Shop is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Penneys have them for ~€50.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

TK Maxx or the our door shops or I am not a fan of pigsback much anymore but http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/97279?pb_aid=MDP&pb_cid=b9c097c4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

phasers wrote: »
    How about military surplus? My brother got a very cool military coat in an outlet in Tallaght for about 40 quid, still going strong five years later! Army Bargains off Capel St or the Eager Beaver in Temple Bar used to be good for coats, you'd get a good quality parka or peacoat for that money.

This is just my opinion but I've always thought Army Bargains is a bit over priced for army surplice, though its location is handy if your buying a coat since you can check out all the Capel street charity shops as well as the outdoor stores on Mary Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

TK Maxx do get ski jackets. I got one for €60 thats worth nearly €200. I wore it loads in the last 2 years and its still perfect as its quality

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thanks for all the replies, will have a look!

Advertisement