Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prototype production

Options
  • 07-10-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,
    I'm a keen DIYer and have recently installed water butts to collect rainwater from house and shed roof.
    I've been toying with a design to make the process more effective but I have no way of making a prototype to test
    Does anyone know of a firm that could make me a plactic prototype for me to test and any idea how much this would cost me.

Cheers,

Craicfox

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

To make a one off plastic mould would not be cheep but you might be able to find something thats already out there and adapt it to work for you. If it's a small piece you could make the mould yourself or maybe get someone with a 3D printer to make the part. You could also try carving the part out of wood to see if it will work. If you could tell us a bit more about what your looking for we might be able to help a bit more "without giving away your invention of course" :)
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 craicfox

Alright Fergal, thanks for getting back to me. The design we're working on hasn't been finalised yet, I'm just trying to suss out how much I'll have to fork out once we're ready to go with it. I like the 3D printer idea, its one I'll look into more once the time comes closer. I'll try making a few myself and see how I go. Might get back to you in a few weeks for a bit more advice.
    Thanks again

Advertisement