Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 07-10-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I'm currently on the 8mb NGB package but only get on average a line speed of 1.8mb since switching to Eircom. I have been in contact with eircom before and been told that was all the line was capable of.

Eircom got in contact recently to say that is now possible to get 50mb in my area and would provide it if we signed up to an 18 month contract.

My question is, why can I not get the 8mb which I have been paying for since the line is capable of 50mb?

I don't wish to sign a new contract for 18 months now because I would like the option of choosing the best package/ provider once my current contract has finished.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Ncocky1979 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently on the 8mb NGB package but only get on average a line speed of 1.8mb since switching to Eircom. I have been in contact with eircom before and been told that was all the line was capable of.

Eircom got in contact recently to say that is now possible to get 50mb in my area and would provide it if we signed up to an 18 month contract.

My question is, why can I not get the 8mb which I have been paying for since the line is capable of 50mb?

I don't wish to sign a new contract for 18 months now because I would like the option of choosing the best package/ provider once my current contract has finished.

Thanks.
    Hi Ncocky1979

The 50mb refers to efibre broadband and efibre infrastructure cannot be used to increase speeds of NGB.

I can confirm that If you wish to upgrade to efibre an 18 month contract applies and I've had confirmation from operations there is no exception to this conditions.

If you would like me to check if efibre broadband is available to your line please PM me your landline number.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement